Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

buyer's beware

C

captboatwrench

Do not deal with Corvette generation in Dade city Fl.
I am currently having a bad experience with this company over a used master cylinder that I bought several months ago for $175. I was referred to them by a sales person at Corvette central when I was looking for the non existent 92 lt1 master cylinder. I ordered 1 from wally at Corvette generation and It came in without the brake pressure sensor and the 1 from my old one did not fit so I had to deal with that problem. Then that master cylinder would not relieve the pressure from the front brake calipers and after a lot of back and forth with wally I finally got him to exchange it for another one that worked ok but the brake pressure warning light stayed on. I then decided to have my original one from my car rebuilt by Cardone thru rock auto which worked great. I put the junk one up in my shop and didn't think much of it since the brakes worked fine.
I started a major restoration project 2 months ago to take care of the oil leaks, replace the opti unit and ended pulling the engine so that I could also replace the torque converter that has been slipping. I damaged a few parts in the process and decided to contact wally at Corvette generation in Dade city Fl and after some discussion he told me to return the master cylinder for a credit which I did back on may 8th and I called him about a week after he received it since I did not hear from him. He told me that he had not got to it yet and would call me when he did ,but he never called, he never calls back or replies to emails.
I called him today and I started getting a load of BS about how that was not the one He sent me and that they engraved 37 on the body of the master cylinder and that they also put new reservoirs on all of the ones they send out. I have a receipt dated Aug 11 2012 from rock auto for a new reservoir when I had my original MC rebuilt. I also inspected the MC on the car and there in not a 37 engraved anywhere on it.I really lost my cool with wally and cursed him like a Sailor before I hung up on him.
Bottom line;The people at Corvette generation in Dade city Fl are a dishonest group of people. Be very wary of them and avoid them at all cost. I am now out $175 bucks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom