Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - Body Shop Update

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Harry is almost ready to start shooting the primer, I stopped by today and he told me that primer starts tomorrow!!!! The gaps are looking really good, far better than stock! Here's some photos, more to come later!!!!
regards, Herb
s193C6187-vi.jpg

Harry built up and gave better definition to the ribs under the the top spears, really nice.....
s193C6186-vi.jpg

the trunk lid and hood have been smoothed inside to give a cleaner
s193C6183-vi.jpg

The hood with the old surround had been trimmed to fit the old body pieces. You will notice the lower left hand corner of the hood, that white section is how much material had to be added to the hood to get it to fit the opening properly.
s193C6190-vi.jpg

The rake of the car is sweet, but I really want to lower the rear another inch or inch and one half. The coil over shocks are at their lowest adjustment point, so if I may need to get different shocks that take out the amount I want to lower the rear.
s193C6185-vi.jpg

The doors have had the first coat of primer applied and the outline of where the door trim goes so that they can mask off later for the white paint versus the Torch Red of the rest of the body.
s193C6189-vi.jpg

Gaps looking good!
s193C6179-vi.jpg

stay tuned more to come.....

Herb looking great

As I have said before You got luckey with this shop.

Not only high quaility work but its done in a timely manor.

Keep us updated

hows youe end doing ,do you have all of your ducks in a row for when the car comes home

Herb looking great

As I have said before You got luckey with this shop.

Not only high quaility work but its done in a timely manor.

Keep us updated

hows youe end doing ,do you have all of your ducks in a row for when the car comes home
the short answer is NO!

I feel like there are a million things to be done and most of it revolves around getting my rolling chassis back because I will have it for a few weeks before it goes back and the body gets mounted for the last time.

So I am making my list of what I have to get done when I have the frame back because after the frame and body come home....OMG will I have a lot to do.

I am ordering a complete interior from Al Knoch. we have been talking and we have finalized the design. Will have the retro seats with Z06 type colors in it (red and black). the door panels will be '62 style with the vertical ribs and it will be black/red/black. The reds are the same in the C5 Z06, Torch Red to go with the Torch Red paint.

They will be making a black leather dash pad and grab bar as well as kick panels.

My window posts are due from Pauls chrome end of next week so I should be close to putting hte windshield back together soon!!!

Lot so details to be sorted out for sure.....UGH!!!!

I bought an EZ wiring kit. I will have to figure out what to do with things like headlights to attach to and such....Larry, what did you do?

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom