Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 ignition and other switch removal?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
60 - C1
I am at the point of taking the cluster apart and I am not sure how to get the ignition switch, head lights, cigarete lighter etc out of the cluster.

For instance, I can get the ignition switch loose, but that is all I can do. the trim ring on the outside looks like it doesn't clear the ears of where the key goes in. Grrrrrrrr!

Nothing is straight forward. I looked in ST-12 and that was not much help.

clues? point me in the right direction....thanks, Herb

bobs78

Corvette
50th AE vert - 25th SA - 54 Polo White
You need to remove the key cylinder. Should be a small hole next to where you insert the key. Stick a paper clip into the hole and with the key in the cylinder turn the key counter-clock wise. The cylinder will come out. Then you can finish unscrewing the bezel nut and remove the switch.

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
got em...decided that you need a decoder ring to go with them....including the secret putton for the head light pull switch removal......thanks!!!

Red63SW

Corvette
1963 SWC, 1999 FRC
You need to remove the key cylinder. Should be a small hole next to where you insert the key. Stick a paper clip into the hole and with the key in the cylinder turn the key counter-clock wise. The cylinder will come out. Then you can finish unscrewing the bezel nut and remove the switch.

What if you don't have the key? I'm working on a '63, which has two holes for the paper clip. Which hole does the paper clip go into, both?

Chris

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
If you don't have the key, you need a locksmith to pick the lock (or you drill it out and destroy it). :eyerole

lltamc59

Corvette
'62 Honduras Maroon/Fawn 300 Oringal power plant
Little bitty pin hole

Following the loss of what hair I had and breaking the back off the ignition switch, I too discovered :bash the lil bitty pin hole. Only cost a new swithch and a couple of knots on da head.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom