Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1-Rechromed door and windshield posts

• Thread starter Thread starter studiog
  • Start date Start date
S

studiog

I just got my rechromed posts back the other day and they look great. I used Superior Chrome (justchromeit.com) cause they promised a quick turnaround. They said it would be 3 weeks and it was 3 weeks right to the day that I had them back in my hands. Most other places were saying 8-10 weeks. They also had the best pricing and they came recommended. The posts were $100 ea. as promised. Some of the other quotes were as high as $250 ea. I have a couple of very tiny inconspicuous grind marks on an inside edge, but other than that they are excellent. Have a great weekend all!

studiog said:
I just got my rechromed posts back the other day and they look great. I used Superior Chrome (justchromeit.com) cause they promised a quick turnaround. They said it would be 3 weeks and it was 3 weeks right to the day that I had them back in my hands. Most other places were saying 8-10 weeks. They also had the best pricing and they came recommended. The posts were $100 ea. as promised. Some of the other quotes were as high as $250 ea. I have a couple of very tiny inconspicuous grind marks on an inside edge, but other than that they are excellent. Have a great weekend all!

Congrats on your sucsess.

Call me prior to setting the glass and ill run through what I learned

IH2LOSE said:
Congrats on your sucsess.

Call me prior to setting the glass and ill run through what I learned

Larry I may take you up on that when I'm ready. The shop I ordered the glass from said they would help me with it. They have some guys that work on classis cars. I still need to order the rubber seal. Is it just one seal that is installed around the perimeter of the glass before the frame is installed? My old one was so brittle it just feel apart when I removed it and I just want to be sure it is one piece.

Stemmer said:
Any photos....??? I need to the door posts on my 1960 redone...

I don't have any photos and I'm not sure they would show the quality of the chrome as they would just reflect whatever is around them like a mirror. I would not call these #1 show quality and I didn't ask for that, but they are very well done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom