Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - Relocated battery to trunk

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Here is my relocated battery in the trunk....

IMG_0991Small-vi.jpg

The angle bracket was pop riveted to make sure that the glass box had enough support for the battery. We will be moving it to the underside of the car and painting it RED.

The battery attaches via cables to TWO bulk head battery terminals. I saw these in a recent edition of Hot Rod Magazine. Here is what they look like.
bulkhead_lg.jpg

link to Detroit Speed and Engineering: http://www.detroitspeed.com/productpages/indproduct/electricalprod/bulkhead_prod.htm

I need to get some short cables made up to run from the battery terminal to the bulk head terminals. I used 2 gauge wire to run fomr the back to the front. It is about 1/2" is diameter over the complete cable.

IMG_0991aSmall-vi.jpg

Here is what the underside looks like:

IMG_0992Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0993Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0994Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0995Small-vi.jpg

IMG_1000Small-vi.jpg

The negative terminal is attached to the bellhousing and the positive terminal will be attached to the starter motor.

comments or concerns?

Looks real fancy,

Looks like your getting some stuff done

Are you doing a cut off switch?
Hadn't thought about putting one in......perhaps I should....any suggestions or part numbers?

Where did you find those clamps that you are using to hold the cables to the frame?

Thanks
Chuck
I got them at the hardware store, but they are nylon and I have since found, ordered and received these.....much better!!
MS_21919DG4.jpg

Aluminum banding and fuel and oil resistant rubber covering......

Here is the link http://www.chiefaircraft.com/airsec/Aircraft/InstallationSupply/AdelClamps.html

Since shipping was going to be a significant part of the order (like 25%) given the amount I was ordering I ordered a number of extras! I didn't want something that was going to dry out or fail over time, hence the aluminum banding.

good luck!!!

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom