Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Coupe weatherstrip installed in which direction

rbryce1

Corvette
1965 Coupe, 1968 Convertible, 1995 Coupe
I am ready to install the door weatherstrip on my 1965 coupe doors. The doors are off the car and I have the correct weatherstrip with the molded corner section.

I understand the molded corner goes on the rear upper corner and the joint is on the bottom of the door, but there is one question I need the answer to before I start.

An end view of the weatherstrip shows it is not square but shaped like a rectangle. One dimension is longer than the other. One of the longer sides has a slight "groove" in it the length of the strip while the other long side is smooth and straight.

65 door weatherstrip profile.JPG

My question is ... which surfaces get glued to the door, the short "flat" and long "flat" surfaces or the short "flat" and long "grooved" surface. Also, and more important, does the rounded surface face the car when the door is shut or does the round surface face the top, bottom, front and rear of the door?

It seems like the round surface would face the car, so when the door is shut, it can compress and seal the door better, but it also the longer dimension as well.

If I get it wrong, the door may not shut or the seal may too short to hold out water.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom