Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 L88 swap

RDW

Corvette
1966 Milano Maroon L88
I installed a L88 motor in my 1966 Corvette ....all has gone well up to now....the L88 has an Edlebrock Victor Jr. intake 5.58" but my big block hood will not clear...what Intake can I run for this application....Aluminum Rec Port heads..

Welcome to the CAC

I moved your question to it's own thread where it will get more attention.

Tom

Replace the Victor Jr. with a Performer RPM air gap then put a 67 BB hood on the car. That's the only way you can get something which will clear.

I'm assuming this car will be street driven so...where are you going to find gas with enough octane to keep that L88 out of detonation?

Replace the Victor Jr. with a Performer RPM air gap then put a 67 BB hood on the car. That's the only way you can get something which will clear.

I'm assuming this car will be street driven so...where are you going to find gas with enough octane to keep that L88 out of detonation?

Thank you for you help ....I have access to 106 Octane aircraft fuel..thx

Thank you for you help ....I have access to 106 Octane aircraft fuel..thx

No such thing as "106 Octane aircraft fuel". All you can get these days is AVGAS 100LL. Also, while it is 100-oct, AVGAS is not the best choice for high compression automotive engines.

If you want to learn more about gasoline for Corvette engines see this article elsewhere on the CAC

No such thing as "106 Octane aircraft fuel". All you can get these days is AVGAS 100LL. Also, while it is 100-oct, AVGAS is not the best choice for high compression automotive engines.

If you want to learn more about gasoline for Corvette engines see this article elsewhere on the CAC

That is absolutely incorrect....look up Racing Fuel (my terminology was incorrect ) 110 AKI Octane ...106 motor Octane...available at my local Airport for $6.50 per gallon....works great. We can all learn new things....great forum

I never realized there were so many different types of race fuels. Browse the products available from Sunoco. The first leaded race gas on the list (EX02) says 110+ octane/105 motor octane. Others are even way higher. I didn't see the price though.

Tom

These days the variety of high octane gasolines is pretty amazing.

Technically, the leaded versions are not legal for road cars but, unless the compression ratio is very high or the engine is highly boosted, one of the high-octane unleadeds, which very from 100 to 105-oct. work very well.

My personal favorite of 100 Unleaded from Rockett Brand Racing Fuels. I keep about 15-gal of it out in the shop. If I'm going to the track or doing some dyno testing, I'll "spike" pump gas with 1:2 100 Unleaded to pump 91-oct.

That is absolutely incorrect....look up Racing Fuel (my terminology was incorrect ) 110 AKI Octane ...106 motor Octane...available at my local Airport for $6.50 per gallon....works great. We can all learn new things....great forum

Why would your airport sell fuel that is not approved for use in aircraft?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom