Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Plexi Headlight Covers

Mark Clapp

Hi C2 owners, my name is Mark Clapp from near Kansas City, MO. I'm an individual and have been making plexi parts such as headlight covers and windows for over eight years. I make headlight covers for the C2 vettes to have a Trans-Am look with fixed headlights. The covers wrap all the way under the headlight openings. The plastic will not crack so rocks/track debris are no problem. Also the plastic does not require special drill bits like you do for acrylic (Plexiglas). Any old bit will do fine with no cracking. I'm asking $100/pair. Feel free to email me at: mclapp5526@gmail.com or give me a call at: 816-286-6982 if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Attachments

• C2 Vette 1.jpg
    C2 Vette 1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Corvette Light Covers 2.jpg
    Corvette Light Covers 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Corvette Light Covers 3.jpg
    Corvette Light Covers 3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 129
  • C2 Vette 2.jpg
    C2 Vette 2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hi C2 Guys and Gals, I wanted to add some photos of how others have made mountings for the lights. I will get measurements of the mounting pieces used in the first two pics. On the red car, they just painted the OE fixtures black and used the covers as a new "skin". I include L-braces made from the same plastic to mount the covers with if you choose to use them. From a short distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've heard that replacement light motor kits are around $1200 so this could be a way to fix/eliminate the motors all together at a good price.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982
mclapp5526@gmail.com

Attachments

• C2 Vette 3.jpg
    C2 Vette 3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 134
  • C2 Vette 4.jpg
    C2 Vette 4.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 131
  • C2 Vette 7.jpg
    C2 Vette 7.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 140
  • C2 Vette 9.jpg
    C2 Vette 9.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 132
  • C2 Vette 8.jpg
    C2 Vette 8.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hi C2 Owners, I haven't posted in a while but wanted to say that I do still make the light covers for the C2 'vettes and have supplied sets to several Forum members lately. I get requests from guys that say the covers they've seen or bought have a very rounded over leading edge. The molds I have achieve a crisp front body line and the plastic is crystal clear and crack proof. Please email me at: mclapp5526@gmail.com if you have any questions and feel free to call anytime at: 816-286-6982. I'm still asking $100/pair and the shipping is covered with $20.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Are you still in business making the plastic headlight covers?

Hi
I just came across your post, but I noticed it was dated 2013, so I didn't know if any of the information was still valid
I have a 63 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster ( Replica), and I would like to look into some new plastic covers. Just wondered
if your covers will fit. Get back to me, if you get this message. Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I do still make the light covers for C2 'vettes. Sorry, but I don't make the Grand Sport covers since due the outside edges, these covers need to be vacuum formed, which I'm not set up to do yet.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick reply. I thought the GS covers might be a problem, but I wanted to ask anyway. If you ever do start making
the GS covers, let me know. thanks again

Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom