Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 Seat Covers (Slip On)

Bill75

Corvette
75 Coupe ZZ4, Brodix IK-180's, Headers,TK0-500
Has anyone run across any nice fitting slip on covers for C3 seats? I've seen some in Mid America but they don't seem to fit too well. I'm trying to keep the leather away from my back on hot summer days and prolong the agony of buying new leather for my worn drivers seat for awile!

Thanks

Looking thru my new Ecklers cat. they have some made by covercraft

they don't look too bad. May be just my opinion tho.:beer

Sams club....

Bill75 said:
Has anyone run across any nice fitting slip on covers for C3 seats? I've seen some in Mid America but they don't seem to fit too well. I'm trying to keep the leather away from my back on hot summer days and prolong the agony of buying new leather for my worn drivers seat for awile!

Thanks
i got some real sheep skin covers at Sams for about $40 each...they fit it ok, until my wife custom tailored them , now they fit like a glove.if you want i can send you a pic of them..they have been in for a year now and look like new still....took her about an hour to fit them to my seats.
i have seen these same covers for over $200 in some catalogs....however, when i went to Sams the other day i didnt see them. that dont mean they dont have them, may have been relocated or out of stock...my opinion.
Chas :w

steelblue75 said:
Looking thru my new Ecklers cat. they have some made by covercraft
they don't look too bad. May be just my opinion tho.:beer
I just recd. my catalog and saw them too, they do look better than the other ones. Looks like two pieces maybe. Thanks for the tip.
Bill

Chas said:
i got some real sheep skin covers at Sams for about $40 each...they fit it ok, until my wife custom tailored them , now they fit like a glove.if you want i can send you a pic of them..they have been in for a year now and look like new still....took her about an hour to fit them to my seats.
i have seen these same covers for over $200 in some catalogs....however, when i went to Sams the other day i didnt see them. that dont mean they dont have them, may have been relocated or out of stock...my opinion.
Chas :w

Sure, I'd love to see a picture. Aren't they a little on the warm side in July??

Bill

I have a set of the Cover Craft seat covers for years prior to the seat change in '80 that I cannot use. These are new, have never been sat on, but will not fit the '80 - '82 seats. These are the tan color. I would like to sell these and get the correct ones for my car ('81).

Anyone interested?

LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

LannyL81 said:
I have a set of the Cover Craft seat covers for years prior to the seat change in '80 that I cannot use. These are new, have never been sat on, but will not fit the '80 - '82 seats. These are the tan color. I would like to sell these and get the correct ones for my car ('81).

Anyone interested?

LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

Do you have a picture or Covercraft p/n???

they are much cooler than the black interior....with the tops off in the sun , i can hop right in and go without the skin on my legs sticking to the seats like eggs in a frying pan...they are actually quite cool in the heat, and they are more comfortable than my lazyboy!i will post a pic as soon as i can..
Chas
Bill75 said:
Sure, I'd love to see a picture. Aren't they a little on the warm side in July??

Bill

I do not have a picture, but you can see the general style of these on Ecklers.com. Just look up Seat Savers. Ecklers does not have a picture of the tan color; for that you have to go to Covercraft.com and again look under Seat Savers. It is the Tan color, not the wet sand or the other tan. The ones I have are just TAN.

Oh and I guess they fit up to 77 seats....whereas I need the ones for 78 to 82.

Later,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

LannyL81 said:
I do not have a picture, but you can see the general style of these on Ecklers.com. Just look up Seat Savers. Ecklers does not have a picture of the tan color; for that you have to go to Covercraft.com and again look under Seat Savers. It is the Tan color, not the wet sand or the other tan. The ones I have are just TAN.
Oh and I guess they fit up to 77 seats....whereas I need the ones for 78 to 82.

Later,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

Hope you A/C is working out there in Tucson!! Are they one piece like shown on Ecklers or two pcs. as shown on Covercrafts site? I'm looking for a two piece type that have a more snug fit.

Bill

These are the one piece...but I can make into two pieces....I have a knife!!!!

I have to agree with you...the fit of these is not tight....but thanks for the interest. Wish I could trade them to Ecklers for a pair that would fit my car.

Later,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

Oh and yes it has been a bit hot here...but it has finally cooled-off....only in the high 90's now...no more 105+.

Sorry it took me so long to post pics.....

heres the overhead of the seats ,
the pics are from a digital camcorder so they are not the best....
this is the second season on these and they are still like new.

8-5-05001.jpg

Chas

Trying to show depth of the sheepskin...

like i said...not the best quality but i hope this helps.
Chas
8-5-05002.jpg

Hi Chas,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, I appreciate it. They look really comfortable, I bet it's like sitting on cotton!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom