Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3's Goodyear Tires ST or GTII?

Greekman

Corvette
'67 327/350-'73 LS4-'76 L48-'79 L82
C3's Goodyear Tires GT II or ST?

I have seen two different types of Goodyear replacement tires for original tires on many C3's. In the size of P225/70R-15.

The Goodyear Eagle GT II and the Goodyear Eagle ST.

What is the difference in the two tires? Could it be just speed rating?

Thanks for your responses.

Goodyear tires

Go for a set of 255 / 60R - 15 in the GT II's........they are the replacements for the Original Eagle GT's......Check out www.goodyear.com ..........they have all the specs

Correct Replacement Tire

My car came originally with the Goodyear Polysteel in the P225/70R-15 so would the Goodyear Eagle GT II still be the closest replacement tire on the '79 Corvette?

Goodyear isn't making the "ST"s any more. I believe they stopped production a couple of years ago.

I am not sure about 79 but 82 came with GT4's (I have the orginal set that came on the car in my attic). I put on the GT2's and are very happy with them.:upthumbs

Goodyear Tires

The 1979 Corvette...Standard tires P225 / 70R - 15....Optional tires P255 / 60 - 15. The 60 series look a bit nicer and fit perfect. The 'rollout' or diameter of the two tires are within 1/2"....The 1979 Corvette ordered with the Optional tire was a P255 / 60 - 15 Goodyear GT Radial, it was a Poly belted.....then came the Goodyear Eagle GT, it is Steel belted, the there was the Goodyear Eagle GT + 4, it was also steel belted, current tire is the Goodyear Eagle GT II, also steel belted.

Goodyear tires

Sorry Greekman, meant also to say.........yes.... the nearest tire Goodyear has to the 'Originals' are either the P225 / 70R - 15 or the P255 / 60R - 15 in the Goodyear Eagle GT II......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom