Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Gathering at the NCM, recap...

*89x2*

What a great event again this year!

While we did not have the Callaway cars in the parking lot like we had in numbers last year, there was about a half-doz. owners there and lots of fun was had!

The ZR-1 and GS registries were a lot of fun and the NCM worked hard to show their hospitality!

Friday was jam-packed with stuff - the best was the Corvette Challenge race car seminar, but the ZR-1 guys probably would have to say the 440 cube LT5 or the LT5 that never was, were tops for them. Either way, cool!!:cool

For next year, the date may change - Reps from each group were asked to seek ideas from their respective groups to help plan the event for next year. ;help What are your ideas?? ;shrug

The possible theme for next year, is "Mules and Milestones" with some rarely seen GM cars and Engineers coming to the show. How about a 1985 Twin Turbo mule and those who worked on the project??? :upthumbs

What else would you want to see?? The NCM can try to make it happen!:cool

All in all, a great time! I took my Mother to the show, as the weekend was Mother's Day :coolShe had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone! :beer

Friday was jam-packed with stuff - the best was the Corvette Challenge race car seminar, but the ZR-1 guys probably would have to say the 440 cube LT5 or the LT5 that never was, were tops for them. Either way, cool!!:cool
Heheh, yes I'd definitely say the "LT5 that never was" presentation was tops! What a rare thing to be able to walk up and see, touch, etc! Not to mention having Graham and Gary talking about it, fielding questions, etc. Awesome!

I enjoyed the Challenge cars preso, though more when it was the guys telling stories about the races, getting the cars done, etc. I found the parts about order sheets, stampings, etc to be a bit dry. The cars were exciting because of their racing, not because of their stampings. Though I'm sure to an owner or prospective buyer, the stuff about the markings, et al, is probably interesting. Hearing those cars fire up was great though. I wish we could have seen them in action as well! Seeing those things doing some vintage racing or something would be incredible, though I doubt many of the owners would be up for it. Those cars were made to turn laps!

If they get those DVD's of the Challenge races going, I'd love to grab one and have a watch. :beer

...here was what my Mom bid on, and won :cool

Also, the other two items (metal cutouts of various Callaway models) were auctioned and won there - A couple of ZR-1 owners snagged those :cool They had the love for the Callaways :upthumbs

attachment.php

Also, the other two items (metal cutouts of various Callaway models) were auctioned and won there - A couple of ZR-1 owners snagged those :cool They had the love for the Callaways
Hey, if they didn't who would have? ;)

The '87 B2K tin was bought by a guy who has an '87 in the UK. I believe he's also the guy who restored/is restoring the yellow 1986 ZR-1 mule.

I thought that yellow Speedster (or coupe, I couldn't see it closely enough) tin would be pretty neat. Spice up my office a bit. But someone wanted it more...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

-Luigi
:cool

I just went to BG this past weekend for the C4 Gathering. It was a good experience.
In the assembly plant, you got to see the chassis go through to become a complete car that drives off the line finished.
The only bad part is that you move through the plant so quick, that you don't get a good chance to see each of the steps being performed before it goes to the next station. (Obstructions in the way often)
frown5.gif

You do learn a lot, though. (WEAR TENNIS SHOES) Lots of walking.
smile5.gif

The museum was nice, but a little boring.
Yawn.gif

Some of the cars on display are very rare and I'm glad I got to see them. The store was nice, too. I picked up a few items there.
smile5.gif

Coming soon is an addition to the museum with a library of records. (Production info and more at your fingertips)
The big news is the addition of a NCM race track being added soon. To be completed I think in 2009. (Don't quote me on that)
wink5.gif

I'll probably go again after they finish the new stuff during the "Corvette Forum Cruise-In" in 2010.
patriot.gif

2491529_121_full.jpg

2491529_117_full.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom