Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Going “Green”... Polo that is.

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
With all the media attention on “going green” is it a finally a better time to be a Polo Green owner? The color green seems to be appearing everywhere as marketing types try to cash in on the trend.

In all honesty, the color does not receive the collective accolades a yellow or red Corvette does. Recently, I had two people inquire if I had any thoughts of ever selling, they were attracted to the color?!!! People asking that question is a rarity with this Polo Green Corvette I have. Can it be because of the ever popular growing phrase of “going green?”

I’ve owned three other C4s, all of a bright color palette, two yellows and one aqua. The Competition Yellow consistently drew compliments, the Polo Green was my first dark colored Corvette... it’s practically a stealth color!

B17Crew
:w

Polo green with a tan interior is a beautiful combo for the C4. I really like it. There are a lot of good choices. I really like Black Rose, almost bought one, maybe I should have? I won't rank my favorites, that always seems to ruffle someone.

I will say white/red is my favorite, I own one. But I wouldn't hesitate to own a polo, or a bg green C5. (C5 will probably be my next Corvette).

Polo green with a tan interior is a beautiful combo for the C4. I really like it. There are a lot of good choices. I really like Black Rose, almost bought one, maybe I should have? I won't rank my favorites, that always seems to ruffle someone.

I will say white/red is my favorite, I own one. But I wouldn't hesitate to own a polo, or a bg green C5. (C5 will probably be my next Corvette).

The Black Rose is a nice color combo, they’d be sharp with either a gray or tan interior!

B17Crew

The Black Rose is a nice color combo, they’d be sharp with either a gray or tan interior!

B17Crew

The one I looked at was black rose/tan. In pretty good shape, but I was concerned about the opti issue, so I went L98. Actually it was in Columbus. The character I was dealing with kind of soured the whole thing. A more reasonable seller, and I'd have bought it.

The character I was dealing with kind of soured the whole thing. A more reasonable seller, and I'd have bought it.

Getting a bad vibe or not being comfortable with the seller would be a deal breaker for me as well, you have to go with your gut. There are ton of Corvettes for sale out there at any given time (especially in Columbus), it’s pretty easy to move along to the next one.

B17Crew

I still lust over the extra ponies of an LT1, but in reality, it would be no more fun to drive than what I'm driving now. I hit the twisties, and scream from stop light to stop light. I don't race, so I have no where to run it up to 140mph.
I'm going to enjoy my L98 this year, and hopefully pass it off to someone who can appreciate what I've done with the car, and move on to a C5 next year.
Of course, I have to drive a C5 this summer. I'm basing this on assuming I like the feel and ease of egress in a C5. If not, I'll find a nice 96. Maybe a nice polo 96.

I've always thought the Polo Green is a beautiful Corvette, Crew, and especially yours!

:wJane Ann

Pardon the thread hijacking. :beer But your theory about green becoming popular becuase of the "going green" phrase got me thinking. Why is it that being Earth friendly is considered green? I mean, if you look at the Earth from orbit, it's a blue marble, with white clouds, some brown, and comparatively little green. Why not call Earth friendly stuff "blue"? After all, 2/3 of the planets surface is water.

Jason

Who the heck knows why they say "green", I agree with you twiget. Now back to the original post. I have always loved the Polo Green/tan color combo. I had two Bonnevilles in that combo (a 92 SSEi and a 96 SSE). I just had a time trying to keep them clean. That is what kind of steered me away from that color when I bought the Vette. In retrospect, it should not have been an issue and I probably should have pursued that color combo a little more aggressively.

Of course, I have to drive a C5 this summer. I'm basing this on assuming I like the feel and ease of egress in a C5. If not, I'll find a nice 96. Maybe a nice polo 96.

I had a ’86 coupe, that was my first Corvette. The L98 is a great engine, it had plenty of get up and go and the response from that engine was instant. I also remember that my ’86 could corner very well. I can understand moving up to a C5 would be nice, they’re dialed in very well, nice interior room and a robust chassis. If you do land in a ’96, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, especially if it’s a Polo Green one! :D

B17Crew

I've always thought the Polo Green is a beautiful Corvette, Crew, and especially yours!

:wJane Ann

Thanks, XLR8!

And right back at ya! I added the photo of your ’98 in front of the Fire Dog Saloon into my screen saver collection!

B17Crew

Pardon the thread hijacking. :beer But your theory about green becoming popular becuase of the "going green" phrase got me thinking. Why is it that being Earth friendly is considered green? I mean, if you look at the Earth from orbit, it's a blue marble, with white clouds, some brown, and comparatively little green. Why not call Earth friendly stuff "blue"? After all, 2/3 of the planets surface is water.

You’ve made a interesting observation. Not sure who can take the credit for coining the phrase “going green,” or pushed the branding of that term, but now you’ve got me thinking “hey ya... why is it called going green?” ;shrug

Jason

Who the heck knows why they say "green", I agree with you twiget. Now back to the original post. I have always loved the Polo Green/tan color combo. I had two Bonnevilles in that combo (a 92 SSEi and a 96 SSE). I just had a time trying to keep them clean. That is what kind of steered me away from that color when I bought the Vette. In retrospect, it should not have been an issue and I probably should have pursued that color combo a little more aggressively.

Polo Green owners feel the same turmoil that owners of black Corvettes go through. :L It’s true, the moment you finish detailing a Polo Green car, you can literally stand and watch the cars surface collect fallout from whatever may be drifting through the air at that given moment. One thing that keeps me happy though is that after I finish detailing the paint, it shines like nothing else. I remember when I had my two yellow C4’s, I used have to fight off bees as they would flock to it... seriously.

B17Crew

Jason

You’ve made a interesting observation. Not sure who can take the credit for coining the phrase “going green,” or pushed the branding of that term, but now you’ve got me thinking “hey ya... why is it called going green?” ;shrug

B17Crew

Polo Green owners feel the same turmoil that owners of black Corvettes go through. :L It’s true, the moment you finish detailing a Polo Green car, you can literally stand and watch the cars surface collect fallout from whatever may be drifting through the air at that given moment. One thing that keeps me happy though is that after I finish detailing the paint, it shines like nothing else. I remember when I had my two yellow C4’s, I used to have to fight off bees as they would flock to it... seriously.

B17Crew

Thanks, XLR8!

And right back at ya! I added the photo of your ’98 in front of the Fire Dog Saloon into my screen saver collection!

B17Crew

I'm honored! :cool

I agree polo/tan is a great combo! ;) After I bought mine and cleaned it up, a relative couldn't believe it was the same 'Vette! I get lots of compliments on it. I saw a BG C5 convertible w/tan top & interior for sale recently...gorgeous!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom