Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Grand Sports

Wow, you have one heck of a collection. I have the 2 Grand Sport models you have pictured here. They didn't get either one of them completely right, but what can you expect for $30.00?

The C6 GS is awesome. :)

Jason

Wow, you have one heck of a collection. I have the 2 Grand Sport models you have pictured here. They didn't get either one of them completely right, but what can you expect for $30.00?

The C6 GS is awesome. :)

Jason

Thanks Jason :). Thats not even half of my Vette collection. Just the more interesting ones. You know whats weird is the convertible C4 doesn't have the two stripes on it :confused. Weird but oh well. I think I paid like 10 bucks for it on ebay. Nothing I can't take care of either. Kinda like it without the red stripes though. Thanks for the compliment on the C6 GS. I have a 1/18 scale of it as well but I accidently deleted the pics from photobucket the other night (deleting old pics). Couldn't believe I did that. Oh well, just means I get to take more pics of it in the future. The 1/12 is breathtaking though. I can't tell you the amount of detail it has and how perfect it is. It looks so good infact that you'd think it came from the factory that way!

You know whats weird is the convertible C4 doesn't have the two stripes on it :confused.

Lol, I didn't even notice that the hashmarks were missing! The hashmarks are there on my convertable, but the pin striping on either side of the skunk stripe is missing. It is on your model though.

I rather like the license plate on the 2 cars. It just so happens that I used to own Grand Sport #328, so the plates seem to be particularly fitting in my case. :)

Thanks for the compliment on the C6 GS. I have a 1/18 scale of it as well but I accidently deleted the pics from photobucket the other night (deleting old pics). Couldn't believe I did that. Oh well, just means I get to take more pics of it in the future. The 1/12 is breathtaking though. I can't tell you the amount of detail it has and how perfect it is. It looks so good infact that you'd think it came from the factory that way!

Lol, if our two GS convertible models are any indication of the quality of models the factory puts out, I'd say your C6 GS far exceeds what the factory could come up with! :upthumbs

Jason

Lol, I didn't even notice that the hashmarks were missing! The hashmarks are there on my convertable, but the pin striping on either side of the skunk stripe is missing. It is on your model though.

I rather like the license plate on the 2 cars. It just so happens that I used to own Grand Sport #328, so the plates seem to be particularly fitting in my case. :)

When I bought it I didn't notice either. When it arrived I was like... umm... where'd they go? :rotfl Another thing, with the hood up, on of the GS' tire tread is backwards. At the time they came out, I don't think quality control was too great.

Wow! That is fitting! :upthumbs

Lol, if our two GS convertible models are any indication of the quality of models the factory puts out, I'd say your C6 GS far exceeds what the factory could come up with! :upthumbs

Jason

LOL! True... you got me there. This one was very well built. As if the LMB C6s weren't rare enough in 1/12, I've got the only known GS theme. I really lucked out. I have pics of all three of the GS' together (C4-C6) if you'd like to see it :)

Nice collection. You sound like me, I have over a hundred of the 1/18 scale Corvettes ranging from a '53 up to a C6. I have the GS coupe but not the convertible.

The Maistos are definitely not the highest quality or the most accurate, but they are very inexpensive and some of them are nice.

Have fun!
:wJane Ann

Nice collection. You sound like me, I have over a hundred of the 1/18 scale Corvettes ranging from a '53 up to a C6. I have the GS coupe but not the convertible.

The Maistos are definitely not the highest quality or the most accurate, but they are very inexpensive and some of them are nice.

Have fun!
:wJane Ann

Hi Jane! Thanks for the compliments :). Yup, I got everything from blue flame six to Z06 :D. I'd love to see pics of your collection if you can post them up :).

Yeah, for the money Maisto makes some nice models. Sadly, when these came out QC wasn't very good. Still, they look pretty good with the other Vettes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom