Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 vs Mustang GT

A guy at work has a mustang something-or-another, and he knows what I drive, we have a mutal understanding that we just simply don't talk about cars. When I was young I went to a car show and as young as I was, I took a picture next to a white mustang convertible. People who know me see this picture and often gave me the, ohh! look at that, when they walk by my fridge; I always reply and say, "well no one is perfect."

So here is a challenge, but it may not go over well....

When you drive, watch out for and pay close attention to ever mustang you see on the road, and see if you can determine mustang culture as it pertains to over the road driving, and mustang add-on styling.

When you drive, watch out for and pay close attention to ever mustang you see on the road, and see if you can determine mustang culture as it pertains to over the road driving, and mustang add-on styling.

Google "ugly Corvettes" select images.... I think you will find that "add on styling" is NOT limited to Mustangs or Camaros....

Charlie

The chopper was actually pretty cool; I mean come on, having a chopper, period, is cool. Tell anyone you A.) fly a chopper, B.) own one, and you are automatically, "all that."

I'd like to know as well. Or is it the stereotype?

Most cars have some sort of stereotype about them. You know, people say Corvette guys have a mid-life crisis.

If you drive a Japanese car, you're a ricer.

If you drive an F-body, you have a mullet.

Etc...

The sterotype you hear almost everytime with Corvettes, is old people drive them. From what it sounds like when I ask for a definition of old people, they are talking about people in their 70/80's; That is interesting to me but I tend not to argue that point.;shrug

I don't have a problem with Mustangs just Mustang drivers.
Around here nearly every time you see a illegal street race a Teenager in a Mustang is involved.
Teenage boys buy mustangs and proceed to make an A$$ of themselves with no regard to the safety of others on the street.
Mustangs are not the only ones doing this but they are more of them than other cars.
Just for the record I have driven Fords for 45 years just bought another new one this fall so I have no problems with Ford or Mustangs just Mustang drivers.

Mustangs are cheap to buy, and cheap to mod. Same for Camaro's and Firebirds, but the Stang is lighter and easier to make quicker. C4's are getting into the cheaper price range, but can still be expensive to mod. I've had a couple of Stangs and a boatload of F-bodies (14 Camaro's and 5 Birds). I like 'em all. But I have to admit, my C4 ranks in the top three all-time fun cars Ive had.

The sterotype you hear almost everytime with Corvettes, is old people drive them. From what it sounds like when I ask for a definition of old people, they are talking about people in their 70/80's; That is interesting to me but I tend not to argue that point.;shrug

I hear that all the time, only old guys late 40's and older have Corvettes, I get attitudes at car shows because I am a young guy (22) with a Vette. People act like that I couldn't have possibly bought that myself. I don't get attitude from fellow Vette owners, just other uninformed people that don't know that C4's arn't all that expensive.

Young guys (and gals) drive and make a$$es of themselves no matter what they have. It's just youth being youth. We were all like that once in our lives! I must admit, I'm still a little like that if you ask my wife!

I've seen many young guys from late teens to early twenties owning C4's now. I agree. It's because C4's have dropped enough in purchase price to be owned by younger people. Can you blame them? C4's are great and very easy to mod. Plus, it already goes fast from the git-go. However, it is not cheap to mod! Well, what is nowadays? Maybe Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla, which seems to be the car for teens here in SoCal. Thing is, a C4 will blow away most cars BEFORE you even mod it! :D

Yea, I'm not to quick to have a bunch of attitude about what vehicle is being driven.. it the attitude of the driver is courteous and respectful in manner AND dress, then we'll be OK!

Charlie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom