Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4C5 Please Read!

hcolon

Corvette
1999 c5 coupe
Paul, Herbie here again in need of your expertise. I was driving on Turnpike and had took it about to about 110 and "Service active handling/tractioncontrol" came on. When it did this I also felt a momentary shudder and It felt like the car was going to lose control, but it did not. It almost felt like fuel cutoff, or braking applied....wierd. Anyway, i pulled these codes from DIC.
99HVAC B0361 HC
B0441H
There were other codes but they all had H, which I understand are history codes.
The thing that puzzles me, is after I reset and clear the codes mentioned above, they continue to return. Is this related to this condition? This only happens at above 100mph speed, and it clears and next startup. What gives?
Herbie

HI there,
Was there any codes in the 28-TCS, as this would be very critical.
However, I would be very curious about a few things.
First,were you in a straight line, or on a turn?????
Next, how long had you been driving.
I would suggest a possible yaw rate sensor or lateral accelerometer, HOWEVER, more information would be key in correct diagnosis.
Allthebest, c4c5

Hey Paul, thanks for the reply. I was coming home from work, so I was driving about fifteen minutes, in a straight line. This has happened three times so far.
As far as the TCS codes, no codes. A small note, I hear what appears to sound like a rubbing noise when I turn unto a right bank, at about 70-80 mph. I can feel it and hear it. Don't know if this is related, because it's been there for awhile before this active handling condition.
Herbie

HI there,
A scan tool snapshot would be the next course of action, so that when you are driving, you can see what is happening and record it.
This will show a glitch if a sensor has a problem.
Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom