Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Battery?

T

Torchy2000

I need to replace the battery on my 2k C5 today...

Any opinions on brand®? I looked in the "Knowledge Base"
and was informed that it had no knowledge for me....:(

Torchy

If you have a Costco go to them and get a Red Top Optima battery you won't be disappointed. If np Costco go to Pep Boys.

AC/Delco has proven to hold up to the best of them for me.

Check THIS out!

My original battery (@41,000miles) is dead. Even though the "Green is Good" eye on my battery glowed a vibrant alien green, the tech reminded me that it only indicated ONE cell. Acid was leaching from the Pos. post. A common problem with ACDelco bats, or so I'm told...

Ok... so I call my local Bowtie Dealer (Preston Hood Cheverolet - Ft. Walton Bch., FL, an above midsized Chev Dealer) The parts guru says he doesn't have one, gives the number (no lie) to "Battery Warehouse" up the street. I ask him to, at least, give me the requirements (cold crank amps, etc.). He then informed me that they would also be able to help me "with all that."
I kid thee not....:SLAP

So I begin calling the usual cast O' characters; NAPA, pepboys, autozone, etc... (and yes... Battery Warehaouse, too)

Loaded with a head full of amps, warrantee & will ya put it in (cost wasn't really an issue. I just wanted a really good battery), I sat to make a choice.
My rolodex was, for some reason, open to Wal•mart. I figured "what the hell"

They had 14 in stock, $59 + tax installed, 3 year replacement/9 year limited, TONS of crank amps and a nice summery yellow for giggles... (I blew another $90 in their "waiting room") The techs nearly showered and flossed before working on my vette, guess they don't get alot of C5's...

I returned to my office, went online and bought another 100 shares of wally•world ...

Torchy

leonm47 said:
If you have a Costco go to them and get a Red Top Optima battery you won't be disappointed. If np Costco go to Pep Boys.
I agree, go with the red Top Optima. They don't leak like the other ones.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom