Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 driver footrest broke off

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
The footrest in my '98 broke the other day. This is the platform on the floorboard that the driver can position their left foot on while driving. I didn't realize how much I use it until it broke. ;squint: I've got it re-positioned to allow my left foot some support but I'm not comfortable leaving it for long because of fear it will dislodge and end up behind the brake pedal. :ohnoes

Anyone else had this happen?

I've tried to look in the footwell to see what's involved in replacing the part but it will require someone a lot more limber and smaller than me to get to it.

:wJane Ann

so, your dead pedal...... died?

don't believe I've heard of that before. did the pedal it's self break?

Hey Jane Ann, My 01' broke out a piece a little bigger than a silver dollar. I guess it wasn't too structural of a piece, because the footrest is still attached. It's kind of a flimsy design anyhow. But then again,it's a rest and not a pedal;LOL

so, your dead pedal...... died?

don't believe I've heard of that before. did the pedal it's self break?

The dead pedal broke off from the interior wall.

I never realized how much I used it until the last few days. I frequently suffer from sciatica and I have to shift positions when driving at times. The dead pedal helped me do that without even thinking about it... until now.

I'll call Kevin Monday and start a search for replacement. I just wondered if anyone here had the same problem in the past.

There are only 2 bolts that hold the dead pedal in place. Maybe the brackets on your dead pedal broke off? Here is an exploded diagram of the pedal.

...I've tried to look in the footwell to see what's involved in replacing the part but it will require someone a lot more limber and smaller than me to get to it.

I'll trade babysitting for parts and labor.

If you can watch my son so that the wife and I can go out on a date (it would be the first time in two years!)... I'll replace the pedal for you for free!

:chuckle

I'll trade babysitting for parts and labor.

If you can watch my son so that the wife and I can go out on a date (it would be the first time in two years!)... I'll replace the pedal for you for free!

:chuckle

You're on. How'd you know I don't have any money and I love kids? :L

There are only 2 bolts that hold the dead pedal in place. Maybe the brackets on your dead pedal broke off? Here is an exploded diagram of the pedal.

Thanks for the diagram Junkman!! That helps to know what I'm looking for.:thumb

Hey Jane Ann!

I can't help you with the dead pedal, but I wanted to let you off the hook on our Boise State vs Southern Miss football wager. It doesn't seem like a very fair bet. :chuckle

I still have one bet with a guy that I work with. He is from Fresno and we have a small bet on the BSU/Fresno State game. I think that he will look very good in a dress after the BSU win. :D

Jim

Update

Jane Ann - How did this repair turn out?
Remo:cool

Hey Jane Ann!

I can't help you with the dead pedal, but I wanted to let you off the hook on our Boise State vs Southern Miss football wager. It doesn't seem like a very fair bet. :chuckle

I still have one bet with a guy that I work with. He is from Fresno and we have a small bet on the BSU/Fresno State game. I think that he will look very good in a dress after the BSU win. :D

Jim

:LI just saw this, Jim... and I owe you a t-shirt. If I won't wear a dress for my mother I won't wear one for USM. :chuckle

Jane Ann - How did this repair turn out?
Remo:cool

Got it replaced at the same time I had some other maintenance work done, Remo. Forgot to post the update. If I can lay my hands on the receipt I'll post the price of the part.

:LI just saw this, Jim... and I owe you a t-shirt. If I won't wear a dress for my mother I won't wear one for USM. :chuckle

You owe me nothing. We had fun with it and that is all I wanted. ;)

BSU is now 11th in the BCS and the major polls. I think that is really too high, as they are not as good as the team that beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl two years ago. But it is fun to watch, and you never know...:upthumbs

Should be easy to remove and repair. Only 2 nuts dold it in place with the studs mounted in the floor pan. You should be able to glue (gorilla glue) the broken tabs.

:pat

First for me hearing something like this on the dead peddle ;help I would have never thunk it could happen. But doesn't look too serious either ;help I use mine everytime I drive the car, not sure there is any other place to put the left foot is there :confused Seems like it's been so long since I drove mine can't really remember ;shrug

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom