Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 electronic to manual AC?

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
I was driving a friends C5, he has the manual Climate controls, I think its so much better than the electronic system in my 99, i wonder if i can convert to the manual controls.

Any info on this? Anyone out there also dislike the electronic controls?

The only reason I ordered the automatic HVAC controls in my 1999 C5 was so I could have the dual-zone controls for my wife.

The dual-zone controls in my C5 do not make much difference, but will warm the passenger side slightly when it is used.

I use the manual settings and not the automatic control.

I wish we could still order a Vette without all the wiz-bang gadgits. I'd like hand-crank windows, no auto-climate, power door locks, anti-lock brakes, traction control, etc.

bluecoupe said:
I wish we could still order a Vette without all the wiz-bang gadgits. I'd like hand-crank windows, no auto-climate, power door locks, anti-lock brakes, traction control, etc.

Throw no leather, or power seats in their also.

bluecoupe said:
to make all those items optional they would have to run all the govt tests for every option package and it would be cost prohibitive. that is why there is not a choose and pick option list on any new car.

motorman said:
to make all those items optional they would have to run all the govt tests for every option package and it would be cost prohibitive. that is why there is not a choose and pick option list on any new car.

A test for crank windows? What would they do? Put sensors on the user's head and check brainwaves? Engines and body configuration I can understand. I doubt the gov regulations require a complete car test to cover every little device. That's sounds like an excuse for the carmakers to bump the price using popular items to force you to buy an entire package. Even if there were regulations that limited our choices don't you think the automaker's lobby would force a change if they really wanted too?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom