Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Racing Seats Suggestions

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Hi, Looking to change my Standard corvette seats. (drivers side broken down) Any recommendations would be helpful and pics. also is it hard to replace them Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,Dr C5 Corvette

Ps: seen some on E bay that look good in red ;) not Bad price $350 for both.

S

schmaltzr

The seats are easy to pull out. 4 bolts and two electrical connections. If the 'shell' of the seat is good, you can replace the foam to a sport seat style for about $170 from Ecklers. I just replaced my seat covers with 100% leather and had them professionally installedj(well worth the price). They make the OEM seats look like junk. They are triple stitched and dyed all the way through. They cost about $900, but they are far superior to anything else I saw out there for the money. The leather seat covers are from Ecklers too. - Ron

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Yes, That is one of the problems the back seat frame has some broken welds. The tilt manual rachet dose'nt hold and needs repair and a full tear down and rebuild up of the foam and replace the drivers leather lumber sides and seat side cusions (worn and tearing ) got a price of $350-$400 for the drivers seat. But Thanks for your Input was hoping someone on the forum had replaced there seats with some nice racing seats ......Dr C5 Corvette

H

handstjg

I am having my sport seats redone as we speak. The upholsterer is doing a great job.

The extra steps include, adding carpet between the wires on the bottom on the underside of the foam, it will stop the cutting of the foam on the bottom.

Secondly he is adding more foam on the bottom for comfort.

Third he is adding some carpet over the sharp edges on edge of the seat frame to prevent cutting the foam while getting in and out.

I have the exact sized font and the arc that it needs to be embroidered on the seat back. All the supposedly original fonts did not work so a tech writer put the picture in his software program, drew over the letters, resized it to match and sent it back.

If you would like a pdf or jpg file copy email me at atgorman2@cox.net.

hands

JETZ

Corvette
2004 CE Z16 #646
Caravaggio GT's

dsc03767mv5.jpg

H

handstjg

Looks like with the right size body they would fit like a glove.
hands

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom