Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Valet Mode??

E

ELECTRONJMB

Hi Folks,
I am new to the C5 world, just bought my buddies wife's well cared for 02 Electron blue Convert 33K on it 6 speed total blast to drive, hate to say it but perhaps more fun than my 67 435Hp Convert! (ok I said it), I was out to dinner the other nite, and I really hated handing my keys to the valet attendant, then I remembered, was there not a Vette that had Valet mode where you could turn a key in the glove box and slow this bad boy down?
I swear I remember hearing about that, or I could just be flat out nuts..
Jeff

Yes there was - it was the '90 - '95 ZR1 (C4)

Why did they do away with it, does the new Z06 have it?? I really wish I had one, I'd feel a lot better handing over the keys..
Jeff

Yep I heard of this also (but didn't know if it was true before blacksedan there explained....thx guy).
Not that I ever have handed over the keys to a parking attendant, but I sure would like that feature also. Why'd they take it out?

Congrats on the Electron blue, Jeff! That's a great color.

:w
Guy

It's a funny story how I ended up with this car.. My buddy was gonna trade it in on a new Z06, the dealer only offered him $26K on trade, the car is mint, never driven in the rain, never raced, 33K in miles.. the top was hardly ever down.. All options the Z06 Chrome wheels Corsa Exhaust etc.. for a whopping $26,500 ! I'm a happy camper!!

Oh I'm a happy camper, considering I was always a C2 guy and thumbed my nose at the new stuff... Until I drove one.. I was done!, Don't know why I did not get one sooner.. I am amazed with this car.. I pulls harder than my 435 HP 67 with 3:70's in it, I think the 67 would take my 02 for about 200 yards if I can get the '67 to hookup (keep dreamin) then my 02 would walk past it and disapear into the 165mph zone.. : 0

The ZR1 people could comment on this better than I can. I believe that the valet key switched off one set of intake manifold runners, fuel injectors, or some such thing. It still allowed good power on the one set, but not the top end power. I have always thought of it as a cute gimmick. I do not believe any other Corvette has had a similar feature. The ZR1 cost twice as much as a regular C4. The ZR1 was, and still is, a great Corvette by any standards.

It's a funny story how I ended up with this car.. My buddy was gonna trade it in on a new Z06, the dealer only offered him $26K on trade, the car is mint, never driven in the rain, never raced, 33K in miles.. the top was hardly ever down.. All options the Z06 Chrome wheels Corsa Exhaust etc.. for a whopping $26,500 ! I'm a happy camper!!

Jeff - nicely done - congrads!
Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom