Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Voltage Question

C5NGAGE

Corvette
2014 Z51 White Coupe
I have had some DTC issues and was told it could be due to low voltage. Can those with C5's post their normal running volts as read off the display. I can only get to 13.8 volts after a short or long run. With Lots of stuff runing I have seen as low as 11.7 and after a restart as low as 10.8. Anyone with experience in this area? :confused

Hi there,
Your readings sound about right, however, the 11.7 voltage should recover, when bringing up the engine rpms to 1200.
Also, you can recalibrate the DIC to read the correct voltage, as the DIC only monitors an electrical signal, not the actual voltage.
Please let us know how you make out, c4c5:hb

Its not good Maverick!
The Voltage sticks around 13.8, but I now get a DTC code and engine light that says my Knock Senors are not getting low voltage. The car runs fine or seems to.
I had this error checked before by the dealer and he said the sensors checked out and the manual called for a reflash of the PCM! Of course I have an aftermarket tuner flash in there that costs about $500. This flash had been working fine for 2-3 years. Now I get the engine light everytime, I clear it and the next time I start it it is back.
What started all this was my attempt to add a Ramchargers MAFT to tune the Fuel mix, as I was feeling lean at WOT. Everytime I plugged the MAFT in the car would die in fifteen minutes.
Upon checking codes at that time (with no Engine light coming on) I had a mess of weird codes from seat, doors etc about 13, that all related to low voltage.
I started in on the battery which was new 9 months ago when the original one pucked all over the car.
I found lots of corrosion and rust under the battery box, I cleaned and reassembled then cleared the codes. The 13 codes stayed off, but now my Damn Engine light poops on and the Knock sensor low Volt error is back. It had been gone for months, after the car received a new door form a deer accident?????
Any ideas I am realy stumped.
Dennis;help

HI there,
If you reference the bulletin 02-06-04-023a in the bulletin database here, you will see your solution for the knock sensor issue that is stock from the factory.
If I may make a suggestion here, please. I would remove the MAFT, and I would purchase a new PCM, and flash the current calibration from GM into it. I know there have been more than one occasion, where I had to do this to rectify conditions causing a check engine light.
PCM calibrations are constantly being updated by GM, and this will enable to give you the correct program, when you need it, without compromising drivability.
I hope that this helps, c4c5:hb

I guess it is time to consider the new PCM. I have a price of $199 exchange do you know of any better price?
Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom