Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 2007 - Clicking sound from left front wheel heard only when turning slowly

Stngray

Corvette
1969 Blk Convertible & 07 Monterey Red Convertible
I have a clicking sound coming from the left front wheel. I can only hear it with the window down when turning and moving very slowly? I have 42,000 miles on the car and never changed the brakes. I don't hear the common squeal from the brake warning tab, just a clicking sound as described. Maybe a wheel bearing?

If its a wheel bearing can just the bearing be replaced or do I have to changed the entire bearing assembly?

Try re-torqueing your lug nuts. My .02 :D

My brand new 2013 base started doing this during slow parking lot turns in either direction. I took it in and spoke with the Tech Writer, who connected me with one of their Corvette technicians. We went for a ride in the parking lot, afterwhich I received a smile and a "We'll do all we can" approach. When all was said and done, they got rid of most of the noise. They spent the morning re-torquing every bolt in the front end. He also said that I would continue to notice a "lumpy" feeling during those tight parking lot turns. He explained that it is the difference in tread widths between the front and rear tires. Makes sense, as in a turn, the center of the car is turning at one speed, while the inner tires are turning on a tighter circumference than the outer (making them turn slower than the outer tires), which is wider than the inside tires (turning faster than inner) or car's center. The front tires are being pushed by the rear, which creates the chop I felt. Since then, we found our dream car - a 427 Corvette Collector Edition with the 60th anniversary package to boot! Guess what... it does the same thing! .02 cents worth again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom