Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6 blue devil pics

Z

z06nutss405

anyone got any photochop thing of what they think it will look like

Not a photochop, but I would guess something like this with smoother lines:

cadillac.cien.f34.500.jpg

i always thought the cien would become something like a new corvettte or just a new supercar

anyone got any estimated specs also

Here is another version of concept Blue-Devil with a Grand Sport twist.

1c6_supervette2.jpg

excellent but i think it loks more like a z06

Here are the other two renderings by Jim McClain for the Blue Devil.....(the blue one is from your CF Forum link).

bluedevil.jpg

reddevil.jpg

i like it cept some parts are i little much and others look too much like the base c6 but im shure the designers at chevy wont let us down

The blues and red are more likely to be close to the Z06, IMO (without an oval 427 emblem - yuk). Remember, if produced, the Blue Devil will run $100k. I don't think that means a venture into the middy engineering of the Cien, but it will, most certainly mean a completely unique body design.

Those laying out twice the price of the "base" C6 will not only require the unique performance, they will require immediate differentiation from "lesser" performing vettes. You think few C5 owners wave? ... Blue Devil owners won't even drive on the same streets as other vette owners. We'll see performance and snobbery at it's peak.

Lessons learned from Holden will permit BG to produce more (if ever required) than the four different cars on the same assembly line:
1. Targa
2. Vert
3. Z06 (likely fixed roof and hatch).
4. Blue Devil - if approved as a vette

I can't imagine GM brass approving a Cien type Cad and a Blue Devil vette. This will be interesting.

LongTimer said:
I can't imagine GM brass approving a Cien type Cad and a Blue Devil vette. This will be interesting.

My point was, I don't think we will ever see the Cien from Cadillac. While it was badged as a Cadilla for the shows, and sports Cadillac facias, I think recent talks point more towards the Blue Devil as the sole supercar from GM. Of course, will it ever be produced? Who knows....

Bryan

LongTimer said:
Those laying out twice the price of the "base" C6 will not only require the unique performance, they will require immediate differentiation from "lesser" performing vettes. You think few C5 owners wave? ... Blue Devil owners won't even drive on the same streets as other vette owners. We'll see performance and snobbery at it's peak.

Another thing, when I get mine, I will wave! nevermind that it would cost as much as the house I currently own, lol! I guess I could just wait a few years and pick one up used for half the price.... What about the Mosler design leaning in the direction of the "supervette"?

Bryan

LongTimer said:
The blues and red are more likely to be close to the Z06, IMO (without an oval 427 emblem - yuk). Remember, if produced, the Blue Devil will run $100k. I don't think that means a venture into the middy engineering of the Cien, but it will, most certainly mean a completely unique body design.

Lessons learned from Holden will permit BG to produce more (if ever required) than the four different cars on the same assembly line:
1. Targa
2. Vert
3. Z06 (likely fixed roof and hatch).
4. Blue Devil - if approved as a vette

Remember that the ZR1 option was a $27,000 option (back in '90), pushing the ZR1 into the $60,000 range (some sold for $100,000 and up). The body mods were developed to accept bigger meats to handle the new LT-5. If the 500hp Z06 becomes reality and if the Blue Devil is built (625-675hp???), I would think that Chevy would have to somehow put much larger rear tires on the Vette to hook up. For instance, a 415 ZR1 will roast the tires in 1st and 2nd and it hits well into the 560 SAE hp range at the rear wheels.

SR

when i was talking to a lady who was awnsering questions about the cien (which was beautiful) i asked will they build it she said no, then i said they have to build something like it and she said well
they are working on something called the blue devil corvette which will have similar specs and i said ohh didnt they build a new plant to build there engines and she shook her head and said YES

PS- the show was alot!!! better this year,ALOT

Looks too much like a Viper to me...

what looks like a viper those renderings by Jim McClain

As for the Caddy super car, I heard that GM came up with this prototype and that the various dividions were fighting over it. For some reason Caddy won, although it is a reach whether we will ever actually see one or not. Attached is the Chevy version that got scratched - called the mosler, I think.

Big Tex said:
As for the Caddy super car, I heard that GM came up with this prototype and that the various dividions were fighting over it. For some reason Caddy won, although it is a reach whether we will ever actually see one or not. Attached is the Chevy version that got scratched - called the mosler, I think.

Mosler is a real car. It is based on the Vette, and is handbuilt. Chevy had nothing to do with that car.

Bryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom