Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6 corvette pics

worldsoldestcorvette said:
jedi said:
Is it just me or does it seem a little convenient that someone was able to get these pictures? I find it a little difficult to believe with all the security...

I was wondering the SAME thing...if someone knows the photographer and can ask him WHERE the shot was taken in San Francisco I will drive up there and see if I can see those buildings and background...make sure everything lines up all kosher...

cheers,

WOC

GM already confirmened that the car in the San Fran pics was the C6.

Okay, it's a great Vette, but...

I have to admit that this C6 looks real cool. BUT:

It doesn't make the sort of "shock" that the C4 or the C3 did. To me, it looks like an improved C5, no more.

I'm waiting for some pics of the front end - If it really has fixed headlights, I hope that an aftermarket manufacturer will provide pop-up assemblies.

The wheels don't look great to me, even if the low-profile tires are adding a touch of class and racing-style to the car.

Anyway, it looks great, the rear end is absolutely fabulous, but I think that in France for example, where Corvettes aren't known as well as in the US, the coke-bottle shape of my 1981 shark will go on looking more impressive than the C6...

Maybe a C7 will look good in my box, in 2008-9...

(sorry for my bad english)

C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6: Corvettes are Corvettes

wow.

I really like the tail lights and the sides of the car.

I guess I'll grow to like the front end.

I know the General confirmed the car is a C6...I would like their comment on the pictures that started all this...the ones of the fiberglass car in the boatshop...

Those pictures came out and caused a big fus then out come these pictures of a pretty car on a hauler...GM says it was for a commercial...I can't tell you the last time I saw a commercial for a Corvette.

And if if was shot in San Francisco, I don't know where and why...I haven't been on too many Corvette cruises in S.F. and can't imagine a place to drive one in a commercial...It is a GREAT place for STILL photos, however...

...and I haven't heard anymore about the car in the boat shop. It had a better looking body if you ask me...what were the rear FENDER FLARES..the car on the hauler doesn't have flares...are the boatshop pics of the Z06 maybe? What is GM's comment about those pictures?

AND, I still am offering to confirm the hauler shots if someone can tell me where in S. F. they were taken. I think the poster who put them up was new...where is he now? Where did he get the pics. SOMEONE had to TAKE the pictures...
<sigh>
oh well...the show is coming up soon...I just want to know about the car with the flares...I would wait if I knew there were coming...

...AND, I still am offering to confirm the hauler shots if someone can tell me where in S. F. they were taken. I think the poster who put them up was new...where is he now? Where did he get the pics. SOMEONE had to TAKE the pictures...
<sigh>
oh well...the show is coming up soon...I just want to know about the car with the flares...I would wait if I knew there were coming...

The pictures were taken by Islandhopper on the CF: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=692895

He said (in another thread) he had to take the pictures down since he exceeded his bandwidth big time : http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=694336

:w
Guy

...GM says it was for a commercial...I can't tell you the last time I saw a commercial for a Corvette.

Perhaps GM was refering to a magazine advertisement or maybe they plan on putting out a C6 commercial.

Brett

C6 Z06 will be a wide body. Fender flares were hopefully a pre production idea that will give way once the wider rear fenders are available for testing and production. (Z06 C6 version)

GM to invest $10 million in new Mich. engine plant
Wed December 17, 2003 03:46 PM ET

DETROIT, Dec 17 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) will invest $10 million in a new Wixom, Michigan, plant that will build high-performance engines beginning in the summer of 2005, the world's largest automaker said on Wednesday.
GM declined to provide any specifics on the engine, the vehicles they would be used in or the size of the facility and the number of people it will employ. "It's a low volume facility," GM spokesman Keith Yaden said.

But analysts speculated that the plant would build V-12 engines, GM's entry in a battle for more powerful engines from automakers. GM said a year ago that it would put a 7.5-liter V-12 engine, capable of more than 500 horsepower, in a future low-volume Cadillac.

"My guess is they're probably going with the V-12," said Eric Fedewa, an automotive analyst with CSM Worldwide. "That's the only one that makes sense."

The V-12 would be the first for Cadillac since 1937. Cadillac officials have said that they want to move the brand upmarket with a vehicle in the $100,000 price range in the future.

Roadster Fan said:
Perhaps GM was refering to a magazine advertisement or maybe they plan on putting out a C6 commercial.

Brett

You will new years eve.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom