Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Corvette Sales

66NICK98

Corvette
1966 Blue Conv, 1998 Black Conv.
Does anyone know or does anyone think that sales of the C6 in those states
where front license plates required are less than the C5?

Here in New Jersey we are required to have a front plate and I like many
others here in the forum I dislike the bracket intended for use.

I for one would not buy a C6 until a bumper to accomodate a plate is
available(like the C5).

I understand that the C6 bumper is designed for better air flow/performance
but I also have not seen very many C6s around my area.

GM should have manufactured an optional front bumper for those of us
who need to have front plate. I have already received a ticket in my C5
for not having the front plate and I don't intend on getting another one.

I have no intention of gluing or drilling or bolting the bracket GM provides with
C6 and I hope that a redesign of the front bumper or an optional one is in the works.

Then again, GM never produced a hardtop for the C5 ragtops as I had hoped
and they took years to acknowledge the steering column lock problem.

So what does anyone think? Think sales are down in New Jersey?

Do you Jersey vette owners see as many C6s as C5s?

Thanks,

Nick:)

I see quite a few C6's here in South Jersey. Also, they are not sporting a front license plate either. The one C6 I did see with a front plate looked horrible.
As for a new bumper, that maybe asking alot. But there is someone here on the forum who designed and is making an attractive mount for the front plate. I forget who it is, but I do know they are in NJ, northern NJ I believe.

I wouldn't let the front plate issue stop me from buying a C6. Worse case scenario, you may not get pulled over for "Failure to Display front license plate", but you'll definetly have to rig something up for inspection. But thats in 4 years for a new car. Plenty of time to think of something.

Thanks, Chris its good to know you are seeing C6s. It seems when I go out
for a drive I rarely see any Corvettes at all. I drive my 66 all year round if the
roads are dry and salt free - I'm certainly not going to be able to take it with me.

We also require a front plate in Virginia. I don't think people will shy away because of this law. I put the plate on the front of mine. I don't like the way it looks but I don't want to be collecting paying paper either.

There are aftermarket plate brackets that don't require drilling the skin of the car. They attach to the car through the grill(less) opening.

Your trying to compare #s of the C5 which was produce for 8 years where as the C6 hasn't been a year yet...With that I would think you would see more C5.

I wouldn't let something like the front license plate bracket deter me from buying a car. In fact, when I bought the '06 convertible and then traded it on the Z06, it never crossed my mind since I don't run with it on anyway - never have; never will..and I'm in a two-plate state.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom