Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 factory tires varation PSI's

BLUURRR

Corvette
2008 Crystal Red Metallic Corvette Coupe
I have a C6...just went over the 5,000 mark. Lately with the tempurature cooling each morning and rising up every evening and heating...what time of the day do I need to maitaine 30PSI. I can get a 4 PSI varation in a day.

Is it the goal to drive with 30PSI at max pressure when warmest in the daytime? Or do I need to keep 30PSI constantly at the tires coolest.

Manufature installed original tires are supposed to be all 4's set at 30 PSI.

What do I do when my tires are at 27 PSI in the morning and rise later in the day to 31PSI? Do I increase the pressure up to 30 PSI in the morning and not worry about the rise in pressure later on thoughout the day?

Oh, and how many miles should I be able to get out of the factory installed tires? :D

Maintain pressure to the proper psi when "cold," no matter the season.

Set pressures when cold as stated, normally in the morning. Correct, set at 30 psi cold and leave it that way hot. You may see 34-35 psi after driving a while, that's ok to leave it that way, again only set pressures when cold. General rule of thumb is that ten degree farenheight (sp?) equals on pound of air pressure, either way hot or cold. Hard to say what kind of mileage you will get out of your tires, but proper pressures and yearly alignment checks will maximize their life.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom