Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Seat Rebuild - Better than new

Mez

Corvette
2005 LeMans Blue
It is no secret that the seats of the C5 & C6 have a reputation for being less than satisfactory in the area comfort and support.

Over the last year or so, I've developed a repair process and want to share it with everyone. I wanted to see how it worked out in my car for a year and can say I feel its 100% better than OEM. There are two problems: The side bolsters from the factory do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it sits on the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. I found this extremely uncomfortable after only 15 minutes.

Send me an email if you would like more information.

Here are the photos of a recent rebuild on my C6 seat. The C5 and C6 seats are basically the same under the cover. The information below is just the high points.

After removal of the seat, the bottom cushion is removed and ballistic nylon and high density foam added.

Foamattachments.jpg

If you want a firmer seat, then add the jute to the center section.

Jute.jpg

Finished seat ready to bolt in.
Finished.jpg

Finished. Notice center and side bolsters are like new.
Finishedinstalled.jpg

Outstanding! The OEM seats ARE sucky.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom