Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C8 history question

Brangeta

I emailed Callaway directly with this question, but maybe you guys can answer it for me...

Can you tell me why the front end of this C8 looks so much different from the front end of the production model?

Is it because this is a clay model of the CamAerobody and this isn't the actual front end?

It looks nothing like the front end of what they actually went with
callawayc8-side.jpg

I've always had that question burning in my mind, but never bothered to ask.

I once wondered this also, but then got one of the official press kits. I noticed that this particular angle was taken low with a fisheye lense that diminished the corners rather quickly. The car, which I assumed to be the same in other shots, looked like all the others I have seen, with no differences. I could be wrong, though, as I do remember the embossed Callaway font on the rear looking not so clean on the press car.

I hope this helps, and the other project is going well. And you can never have enough OEM replacement parts for collectible cars.

By the way, one of my Camaros that I sold to a freind is for sale. It does not have the body, but is a legit 95 Sn400. Let me know if you are interested; you may be able to pick it up cheap.

Congrats on your graduation.

Anthony

Thanks for the info, the congratulations, and the offer Anthony!

That's interesting about the fish-eye lens; I bet you're exactly right! It wasn't a very good idea for the photographer to do that though; that pic has spread around the net and on press information for over a decade (and as you probably know -- has been met with heavy, heavy, HEAVY criticism from Camaro enthusiasts). Check the "Callaway ruins another" topic on ls1tech.com's forums if you're curious :ugh

Unfortunately I'm not prepared for a purchase right now. I'm actually unemployed at the moment! (quit all 3 of my previous jobs so I could find a single job to make into a career!) It's a shame to have to turn down the offer though. Which one is the one for sale? The green one?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom