Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

california smog eqiiptment

jj_long81

Corvette
L81 origional
hello everyone. its been a couple years and i am now living in california. make a long story short i failed my smog. the air management system has failed. the diverter valve is not diverting air to the cat. i need this part and cannot find it. does anybody have one they have removed and may be willing to sell it? i would be willing to trade too. i have an extra oem ecm chip. i also have an extra ecm. any help finding this part would be great.

or if anybody has just the relay that mounts on top the diverter. my diverter is okay according to my shop manuals flow chart. just the relay is testing bad. any suggestions?

update

for anybody who cares. i have found a supplier who will sell the oem diverter relay for our 1981. he will also rebuild your existing diverter valve. i think i could do it myself and the guy is very helpful if you have questions on the rebuild or what parts you will need to use as doner for the build. he also does other years. i will be purchasing a new relay from him and hopefully be back on the road with legit smog.

Great to hear you found a supplier and passed the test (I think)?
Can you tell me what the test limits are in California :)

Greetings Peter

hello peer and rc. i didnt see you previous question about who the diverter repair man was. his name is darin. i have his phone number if you need ill pm it to you. peer, im still working on my divertwer. i chose to cut it open and repair it myself with a little help from darin. the parts are on the way and should be here any day now. i have not passed my smog as of now. there is a data sheet with ca requirements for my car and a printout of what my car actually was measured at. i could email it to you if you were interested the emissions levels permitted in ca. my car is non cali or a federal car. they test everything.

Look at pictures of my black 81 all original California corvette engine bay all original smog equip. Present may help under my profile

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom