Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Caliper Paint

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Okay If I do change my rims Id of course end up having to replace my brake system (purely for looks Lol) but in the mean time while Im still recovering from my Rim wallet dent Id like to paint the calipers and the Rotors (NOT the Pad contact of course)

so what kind of paint do I use?? do I sand primer Paint?

I want Red and the Calipers and Black on the Rotor

Thanks
;help ;help

I went to an arts & crafts store and bought a small bottle of paint
that was listed to be used on metal. Cost: $3.98 vs kits that I've seen for this purpose priced upwards of $45.00!!!

I took off the wheels, made sure the calipers were cleaned of all dirt, grease, etc. and used a small brush to apply. They look like they were factory painted.

I did this about a year ago and I autox and road race my car and they still look as good as when I first did them.

Sorry, but I'm not able to post any photos but if you go to
www.grandsportregistry.com and click on the events section,
there are pictures of my brakes posted on the Carlisle 2001
photo section.

I used that same trick before, hobby shops have some great paint that can be utilized in many automotive aplications. ;)

_ken :w

paint

i have an 86 medium grey vette and i had some farm implement paint from my ford tractor that i painted my calipers with, it is an enamel and holds up great !! it is a little thicker paint then alot of others and has a real slick finish that smooths out real nice ..cost for a quart is about 5 to 7 dollars..good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom