Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

callaway C6 honker

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
Just finished installing my z06 callaway honker on my 2008/C6. Even with a very well laid out instruction booklet from callaway I was at a lost at times. Getting that cowling out is s nightmare in my opinion.Can anyone tell me if the oil clips are supposed to go all the way around the pipe or just a click. I guess I will know tomorow morning wnen I fire it up. Corvette of houston says they do the same service in 2 hours. I took 8.I will say it is a HONKER. Gonna grab some air Wish I new the specs. Its uses a k&n filter now with callaways name on it
Hopefully tommorow I will get the opportunity ti have and assist in installing my corsa Sport Exhaust system. Would like some feedbackon their loudness. Hope I haven't overdone the noise thing.

Just finished installing my z06 callaway honker on my 2008/C6. Even with a very well laid out instruction booklet from callaway I was at a lost at times. Getting that cowling out is s nightmare in my opinion.Can anyone tell me if the oil clips are supposed to go all the way around the pipe or just a click. I guess I will know tomorow morning wnen I fire it up. Corvette of houston says they do the same service in 2 hours. I took 8.I will say it is a HONKER. Gonna grab some air Wish I new the specs. Its uses a k&n filter now with callaways name on it
Hopefully tommorow I will get the opportunity ti have and assist in installing my corsa Sport Exhaust system. Would like some feedbackon their loudness. Hope I haven't overdone the noise thing.

I finished installing my corsa sport exhaust system yesterday. I love it. And the orange ghost fliies in my opinion. Thanks to all for your experience with the products in my vette. This forum has so much vested knowledge and are not afraid to share or advise a fellow member
thanks again

I finished installing my corsa sport exhaust system yesterday. I love it. And the orange ghost fliies in my opinion. Thanks to all for your experience with the products in my vette. This forum has so much vested knowledge and are not afraid to share or advise a fellow member
thanks again
Nice.;)

I have Corsa, Kooks headers and a Callaway Honker.
:beer

WNH,

Question Sir. When you installed the Kooks headers how did the cats come into play. I also have had a Corsa sport cat back systen installed. Will I have to change out the new cross-over pipe from the Corsa? From what I read I will have to install a new KooKs crossover with cats built in to the Corsa mufflers, sound right???

Did you go with a coating on your new headers?, 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" ?

Thanks in advance, lovin my Vette....JB

WNH,

Question Sir. When you installed the Kooks headers how did the cats come into play. I also have had a Corsa sport cat back systen installed. Will I have to change out the new cross-over pipe from the Corsa? From what I read I will have to install a new KooKs crossover with cats built in to the Corsa mufflers, sound right???

Did you go with a coating on your new headers?, 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" ?

Thanks in advance, lovin my Vette....JB
I have 1 3/4 Kooks, no coating.
The headers and high flow cats go right into the Corsa Sports.
So you are right. The Corsa X-Pipe [or stock H-Pipe] is not needed.

Thanks for the heads up on the callaway honker.

Look forward to your review. Its supposed to be a hell of a product.

JB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom