Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Callaway Display) Part IV - The cars...

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway Owners & Enthusiasts, I thought I would take a moment and let everyone know where we are at with respect to the display at the National Corvette Museum (NCM), etc.
cog.gif

As I am sure you are aware, Callaway4fun and I went to the NCM last weekend with a whole stash of items generously loaned to the Callaway Owners Group for the display case that was arranged for us. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86977

In addition to the setting up of the display case, we met with the Event Manager and Display Coordinator there, to discuss the upcoming year with respect to Callaway Corvettes, the group, and the NCM. The meeting went very well and there seems to be much excitement over Callaway Corvettes right now, as the Callaway Cars Company enters its twentieth year of association and production of those cars.

Part of the meeting was to discuss upcoming cars for display and the one thing we can report back is this – we went in thinking this would be a one-year deal for the possibility of displaying the real deal, 1:1 scale cars. However, the proposal was laid down that if there was sufficient interest and the cars to accompany this idea, it might be longer! Two years was mentioned for a rotation of Callaway Corvettes in & out of the museum halls – it all would depend upon what is offered for loan.

There were some guidelines for this that were specified and I will share them with everyone…

To loan a Corvette to the NCM, you must first and foremost, be an NCM Member.

This can take shape in many forms, from Individual, right on through Lifetime membership. More information about NCM Membership can be discovered here: http://services.corvettemuseum.com/PortalTools/NCMF/membership.cfm

In addition to that requirement, it must be understood that while the offering of cars for loan is greatly appreciated, the NCM does not cover any of the expenses for getting your Corvette to and from the museum.

I have an application for this if you are indeed willing to loan your Callaway Corvette to the NCM for this part of the “Twenty Years of Callaway Corvettes” celebration – just drop me an email and I will get the information to you ASAP. (I hope to have a PDF of this online at the www.callawayownersgroup.com website shortly)
cog.gif

Also, there have been a few questions about what finally ended up in the display case. I know the smaller items might be tougher to see however; here is most of what is in there:

• Callaway AeroBody™ Side Panel
  • Callaway Speedster Jacket
  • Various Scale Models
  • Callaway C12 Dash Plate
  • Callaway Ink Pen
  • Callaway Turbocharger
  • Callaway Wonderbar
  • Callaway Boost Gauge
  • Callaway Cars Hats
  • Callaway Autographed Hologram Card
  • Callaway Emblem Patch
  • 1991 Callaway Speedster 1:24 Scale Model
  • Callaway Build Sheet
  • 1988 Callaway Privileged Presentation Kit
  • Callaway Portfolio
  • Callaway Owners Group Photo Collage
  • Callaway Dymag Wheel
  • Callaway Emblem Compilation
  • Engine Schematic
  • Callaway Twin Turbo “Pick List”
  • Callaway Super Speedster Card
  • Letter re: Sledgehammer, To Callaway Cars
  • Callaway RPO B2K Twin Turbo Intercooler
  • 1988 Callaway Sales Brochure – The Inside Story.
  • 1989 Callaway Cars Articles – American Excellence In Action
  • Callaway Key Ring
  • Callaway Video – The Genuine Article
  • Callaway Reunion Photograph – Corvettes at Carlisle 2002
  • Various Callaway Postcards
  • 2004 Bloomington Gold Special Collection XX Booklet
  • [FONT=FONT=Comic Sans MS]Callaway Speedster Artwork – Dana Forrester[/FONT]
[FONT=FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
Thanks again to everyone who has supprted this idea with their items & enthusiasum :upthumbs
cog.gif

attachment.php

Chris,
How many cars at a time and total count is this deal? Thats cool stuff!

Paul, one or two cars at a time - six mo. rotation was the word - maybe as long as a year though, each (depends on the interest & number of applicants).

I have heard from three owners as of now :cool

Are you thinking of submitting yours for consideration??? :cool

Fellow Callaway Corvette Owners - This weekend, I have a meeting set to discuss the cars - Is there any addl. interest on this???

If so, please drop an e-mail and your Callaway will be added to the list of cars availible for consideration for this display @ the NCM
cog.gif

Folks, If you need the forms for the loaning of your Callaway to the NCM, the forms can be downloaded, here: Form Download

We are looking to kick this off before the end of the month if there is sufficient interest - Please make sure you mention the Callaway Owners Group display for this, as there is space avail. for the 20th celebration :cool

WE ARE READY.JUST TELL US WHEN TO BE THERE.

I DID ALL THE PAPER WORK AND SENT IT IN BACK IN JUNE TO BETTY HARDISON.

THEY DO KNOW WE WOULD LIKE THE CARS FOR A WEEK FOR THE CARLISLE SHOW AND BRING THEM BACK?

STEVE

WE ARE READY.JUST TELL US WHEN TO BE THERE.

I DID ALL THE PAPER WORK AND SENT IT IN BACK IN JUNE TO BETTY HARDISON.

THEY DO KNOW WE WOULD LIKE THE CARS FOR A WEEK FOR THE CARLISLE SHOW AND BRING THEM BACK?

STEVE

Steve, I have been in contact with the display cmte. as late as last night about this - Hope to have something finalized in the next week on this.

Thank you for generously offering your car for the display, I stated to the cmte. that yours is a fine example - I hope to see it displayed :cool

re: other events - they are flexable to the other shows and aware of the dates :cool

*EDIT - as of 5 min. ago: The NCM is looking for four cars to be avail. for display by Jan. 2007 - In the Skydome (Mobil 1 Spire) :cool

Ok, here is what I have as of this minute -

The cars will be placed on display, upon one of two pedastals inside the Mobil1 Spire. Each pedastal can hold two cars, so there will be FOUR Callaways on display (plus the red 87-001 Callaway the NCM has through a donation).

Due to it being logistically tricky to get the cars in and out, it looks like once they are in in January (1st week??), they will remain in place until some time in July.

I had asked about the ability to pull a car out for the Bloomington Gold event in June however, until I hear otherwise, the answer will be no. Please allow six months for the loaning of your car :cool

Steve, re: Carlisle. The museum *may* allow the car(s) to remain until the end of August however, if you do have to pull it out of the NCM and do not want a lot of back and forth costs, I will offer this to you, as I have to another gentleman here on the Callaway Forum - You can store your Callaway indoors at my location, until Carlisle. If that looks to be something you might consider, we'll talk more about that later.

In the discussions about this amazing opportunity, it was asked if we could wrap this up in the coming weeks. Promising to do my best, my response was to have this set into motion by the end of the month. Steve, is your Callaway ready to be shipped?? :cool

STEVE

Steve, the car(s) can be removed for a week to go to another show if you like - For example, if in June, you want to send the car elsewhere, they will work with us to make that happen - then upon its return, they would put it back on display :cool

The NCM, as much as we do, want to make this display as impressive as possible and they appreciate the support & enthusiasum :v

I hope this helps answer any questions you may have had :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom