Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway engine durability

R2276B

Corvette
I'm looking at buying a Camaro with a modified Callaway 435.
What's the life expectancy on a Callaway 435 Camaro motor if it had reasonable maintenance and care? Would 75000 be considered high? What about transmission life? (automatic)
Thanks

I'm looking at buying a Camaro with a modified Callaway 435.
What's the life expectancy on a Callaway 435 Camaro motor if it had reasonable maintenance and care? Would 75000 be considered high? What about transmission life? (automatic)
Thanks

Welcome to the Callaway Forum at the :CAC

I would not expect much of a difference between the reliability of a Callaway SNAT engine and one that came in the car. In fact, one might say a handbuilt engine such as the Callaway engine that is constructed with top-notch parts, would last longer.

I have 65,000 on my SNAT 425 and no issues. The only parts I have had to deal with, are typical GM issues. Ignition module, etc.

IMHO, 75k mi, is not high.

This must be the mystic teal one.

Unless the automatic transmission has been upgraded from stock by Callaway or someone else, it likely will start slipping at around 60 to 70k. That's when my auto tranny started slipping on my stock Z28. A rebuild costs between $2k and $3k if I remember right.

A standard LT1 generally starts needing a rebuild around 120k. I'm at close to 90k without any problems other than a rear intake manifold oil leak. I dunno about a SNAT 435.

AN AUTOMATIC TRANY SHOULD BE SERVICED EVERY 35,000 MILES.
(BUT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT DO THIS!) OIL CHANGE AND FILTER!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom