Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway in Germany

kruzmisl

Corvette
1989 B2K Callaway/ 1966 Corvette Coupe
I'm starting to plan a trip in Sept. to see my son in Austria, and it looks like flying in to Munich. SOOO... it's only fitting to rent a car and head straight to Leingarten!
Any ideas, requests, photos wanted, driving impressions, C16 souvenir's, etc? Reeves said he would " hook me up if going! " How cool would this be! We haven't had a thread in this regard so....

when in Sept ??

I might get a permission from my wife to go ;). Since she is not letting me going to Carlisle :eek:hnoes

You are my hero....I spent many a day in Leingarten...Ernst is always great to chat with, I miss going there. I will gladly trade you for some detailed pics of the GT3 Z06R engine bay, interior and chassis....I have good trade stuff!!!!!...let me know..mike

Jeroen, approx. second week in sept. I should be making reservations soon.

Mike, sure thing. That's what I thought, someone (you), would want an eyeful!
How far from Munich is it and what direction?

Ok, here ya go. Mike's opinion.

The easiest way to invision your drive, you need to type in this in to Google Map (31 liebigstrasse,leingarten,germany). This will take you to the front door. But, from Munchen ( thats the spelling on the road signs) you take A8 to Stuttgart and go outside/around town to A81 and north to Heilbron. A81 is one of the last open highways in Germany (last I knew and there I did 187mph in a RUF TT Porsche and got passed by a factory test 911 early on a Sunday morn!!!!)...but I digress. Your map suggests you turn left at Heilbron and go west through town....BAD IDEA! only took one time to make that mistake. Take A81 up to A6 and go west about 15k to Bad Rappenau exit and back track on HYW 39 to Kirchhausen and on to Leingarten on L1105. Go east on 39 through the small town and it is in a industrial section right off the HYW...cant miss and it does take less time. Added bonus, the drive from A6 to Leingarten is breathtaking...you can see yourself zipping a Callaway through the wonderful countryside. Can I ride in your suitcase!

The drive can vary much depending on the time of day and the famous STAU from 3-5 hours!!!

Be happy to give ya my opinion on anything, might be best to call ahead as well, they take breaks and they may be racing somewhere.....mike

Nice idea Paul!

I still want to visite the Callaway people in Germany so this would be a nice way to meet up :) I'm still at school in september so one day off is no problem ;)

Groeten Peter

Darn I just realized that green C8 is for sale at that Callaway dealer in Switzerland, not Germany. I was going to ask for pics of that.

Well.. if you see anything I'd like, be sure to take a pic for me! :upthumbs

Wow...

I was last in Wein (Vienna) in 1999, I loved it though I would be terrified to drive (wouldn't understand the signage).

Pick up a Garmin Nuvi it will translate english to German (or a bunch of other languages) in addition to guide you to where you want to go.

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom