Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Callaway Owners) Order by 2/9 - KOOLOF Windshields Group Buy Now Available

*89x2*

Folks, This was passed along today to me, and it may be of interest to those w/ the 1990-1991 LOF KOOLOF Front glass.

If interested, this MUST be done by Feb. 9th (This Friday).

Email Kurt White at: knjw1@aol.com

-or-

Contact Information

White Racing Products
11204 Cavalier Place
Tampa, FL. 33626

Phone: (813)-891-1817
Tel: (813)-855-1625​

Subject: [ZR1] ALL: ZR-1 Windshields Group Buy Now Available
>
>
> As many of you know, the ZR-1 windshield has been a problem on the
> car ever since day 1. Technology is a wonderful thing and always
> marches on, it is with this in mind & the desperate need for a
> replacement windshield for the ZR-1 that I have been seeking a
> manufacturer for the past few months, a direct replacement to the
> ZR-1 Windshield.
>
> The company I am using manufactures glass for all the exotic car
> companies, as well as Porsche - Ferrari - Lamborghini etc, there
> quality is second to none. They are going to reproduce both 90-92 MY
> & 93-95 MY glasses with the 4"-10" radar cut-out & the 4"-5" radar
> cut-out
>
> This will be a one time production run, all pieces will be produced
> in one batch & will be identical to the original, with one exception.

> The name "LOF"
> will NOT be there, this is a trade mark logo & fact is LOF will never

> in a month of Sundays give permission to use it. Every other aspect
> will be the same.
>
> The glass will have the KOOL OFF Logo, as well as the KOOL OFF shade
> applied, this is a "sheet" that is applied to the "inside" of the
> glass during manufactures process & in the past 15 + years, they have

> perfected this KOOL OFF to a fine art. You will never have to replace

> a windshield for delaminating again. You'll will not see bubbles or
> blisters in the glass & it will remain perfect.The warranty will
> remain in affect for as long as the original purchaser owns the car.
>
> The price to purchase either model is $999.99 + Shipping from Fl to
> wherever you are anywhere in the world.

> This is the price for 1 or 100 , however if you order 2 glasses, I
> will only charge one shipping fee, if you have a buddy that wants one

> I can ship together and you can split the costs for shipping. I
> suspect shipping from Tampa to CA. will be around $300.00 with
> insurance and packaging. If you are local in Fl. you can collect & not

> pay this, I will have to charge anyone in FL. 7% sales tax, all other

> customers pay no sales tax.
>
> Please respond with the year ZR-1 you have and the version windshield

> you need i.e. LARGE - SMALL cut-out, also advise qty required, your
> name & address and I can create a file to keep track of everyone's
> orders. Some of you may be getting this email twice today, i had a
> list of all those that showed an interest a couple years back & i
> emailed all of you 1st, as there are also many new owners now, i
> think it's a good idea to post to the net again.
>
> The order will be placed with the Manufacturer on Friday Feb 9th,
> payment will be required AFTER goods have been delivered to me in
> Tampa. I will NOT require any deposit or monies up front, you pay me
> when I get ready to ship to you, can't be farer than that! You can
> pay by credit card - check - pay pal.
> or if you collect, cash always works too. The delivery date will be
> middle to end of April.
>
> Just to re-cap, these are going be 99% exact as original without the
> LOF Logo with the KOOL OFF tint and with either LARGE - SMALL cutout,

> all other markings and inscriptions will be applied by the
> manufacturer. When installed, these will be as close to perfect as
> possible. The tint is BLUE, there are no BRONZE ones been produced,
> only BLUE.
>
> Thanks for looking & if this message offends anyone as spam, then
> accept my apologies, I just emailed everyone here as at some point
> you had specified an interest in the ZR-1 windshield.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kurt White.

Chris, do you have a pic of what these strange windshields look like? I'm curious.

Is know there is a width diffence on the rear panels between the ZR-1 and the std corvette but is the windshield the same size? or are the ZR-1 windshields wider?

-Luigi
:cool

Where is the radar detector located? Is this gap only visible from the inside?

Right in front of the driver, just off the dash.
It can be seen both inside an out.

I have some mediocre pictures. Here you can see the purplish tint (sorry for the size, it's a signature picture):
vettesig4.jpg

And here you can see the cutout. It's maybe like 12"x4" or something. If you see where the defrost vents in the dash start on the driver's side, that's like right in the middle of the cutout. Some lighting/shadowing cuts the cutout in half, that's just a trick of the light:

engine.jpg

The later years had a much narrower and I think slightly taller cutout.

Here is a bit more about the windshields - It seems that you *may still be able to order*

Also, Carlisle delivery looks to be possible :cool

White Racing Prod. said:
Chances are i will have spares, however when i have to inventory these you can add anywhere from 30-50% to the price.

Once i receive them sometime in April, i will ship the ones ordered, all what is left will go into inventory & price adjusted.

Rest assured & this is just been Honest & upfront, if you want one, put your name down now, don't wait until April to order one as you will be paying closer to $1500.00 or more.

I shall have some @ Carlisle in August for sale, these WILL NOT be $999.99 each, they will be closer to $1500.00 by then, if you order one now, i will hold it and deliver it to Carlisle for a small fee & will honor the $999.99 price, but i will not be selling them @ Carlisle for $999.99. The price is an incentive to get in on the initial order, nobody has to pay any monies until April anyway.

I have some mediocre pictures. Here you can see the purplish tint (sorry for the size, it's a signature picture):
vettesig4.jpg

And here you can see the cutout. It's maybe like 12"x4" or something. If you see where the defrost vents in the dash start on the driver's side, that's like right in the middle of the cutout. Some lighting/shadowing cuts the cutout in half, that's just a trick of the light:

engine.jpg

The later years had a much narrower and I think slightly taller cutout.
Thanks Aurora40, I can see it in the 2nd pic! That's a really unusual windshield feature for sure!

Kurt White said:
I got a call today from the manufacturer, the windshields were produced last Wednesday & they are FINISHED!

I was expecting them to go into Production THIS Wednesday, but alas, they are already done.

I am calling them Tuesday to arrange shipping and logistical details, I expect to have @ my warehouse Middle of next week.

Some people have already paid in full, others have made a deposit, & a few others just paid this weekend. Thanks to those that have done so, and to others that haven't yet paid, PLEASE, do so this week. You should have received an invoice by now via email, I will go through and double check everyone who wanted one & those that have paid and haven't. IF you haven’t received an invoice:
• You either have it sitting in your spam folder
• You never provided us a correct email address
• Or you are NOT on the order.

I urge and ask everyone that ordered one to call us @ 813-264-6368 tomorrow or Wednesday to pay or to confirm that they need it. I'm off to Indianapolis Wednesday and will be back Tuesday, I expect to come back to Tampa with 100 glasses ready to be picked up. For those that are collecting in person, please call and make arrangements & those that are having the glass shipped to Carlisle, please remember, you MUST pay up front. I will not ship any to PA until payment has been received. I prefer a check for payment, but am happy to take credit cards or pay pal, whichever is easier for you.

To those whom intend to replace their damaged or cracked glass, I suggest you purchase the installation kit from us too, this will make the replacement a breeze. We include the following with the installation kit, all items are 100% genuine GM, if you want the kit just ask via email or mention it when calling. We sell two versions, kit one is the basic and is a MUST have item as you will 99% of the time tear the weather-strip.

Kit 1 sells for $347.24 and contains original GM weather-strips

• SEAL, WINDSHIELD INSIDE LOWER QTY 1
• WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT WINDSHIELD 90-95 MY

Kit 2 contains all moldings below, as well as above two items, retails for $998.46

• MOLDING, WINDSHIELD UPPER 90-95 MY
• MOLDING, FRONT WINDSHIELD SIDE OUTER 90-95 MY L/H
• MOLDING, FRONT WINDSHIELD SIDE OUTER 90-95 MY R/H
• MOLDING, FRONT WINDSHIELD WEATHERSTRIP RETAINER (BOLTS TO WINDSCREEN PILLAR) 90-95 MY L/H
• MOLDING, FRONT WINDSHIELD WEATHERSTRIP RETAINER (BOLTS TO WINDSCREEN PILLAR) 90-95 MY R/H

To recap, this is the info on the windshields, as well as pricing.

As many of you know, the ZR-1 windshield has been a problem on the car ever since day 1. Technology is a wonderful thing and always marches on, it is with this in mind & the desperate need for a replacement windshield for the ZR-1 that I have been seeking a manufacturer for the past few months, a direct replacement to the ZR-1 Windshield.

The company I am using manufactures glass for all the exotic car companies, as well as Porsche - Ferrari - Lamborghini etc, there quality is second to none. They are going to reproduce both 90-92 MY & 93-95 MY glasses with the 4"-10" radar cut-out & the 4"-5" radar cut-out

This will be a one time production run, all pieces will be produced in one batch & will be identical to the original, with one exception. The name "LOF" will NOT be there, this is a trade mark logo & fact is LOF will never in a month of Sundays give permission to use it. Every other aspect will be the same.

The glass will have the KOOL OFF Logo, as well as the KOOL OFF shade applied, this is a "sheet" that is applied to the "inside" of the glass during manufactures process & in the past 15 + years, they have perfected this KOOL OFF to a fine art. You will never have to replace a windshield for delaminating again. You will not see bubbles or blisters in the glass & it will remain perfect. The warranty will remain in affect for as long as the original purchaser owns the car.

The price to purchase either model is $999.99 + Shipping from Fl to wherever you are anywhere in the world.
This is the price for 1 or 100 , however if you order 2 glasses, I will only charge one shipping fee, if you have a buddy that wants one I can ship together and you can split the costs for shipping. I suspect shipping from Tampa to CA. will be around $300.00 with insurance and packaging. If you are local in Fl. you can collect & not pay this, I will have to charge anyone in FL. 7% sales tax, all other customers pay no sales tax.

Please respond with the year ZR-1 you have and the version windshield you need i.e. LARGE - SMALL cut-out, also qty required, your name & address and I can create a file to keep track of everyone's orders.

You can pay by credit card - check - pay pal. Or if you collect, cash always works too.

Just to re-cap, these are going to be 99% exact as original without the LOF Logo with the KOOL OFF tint and with either LARGE - SMALL cutout, all other markings and inscriptions will be applied by the manufacturer. When installed, these will be as close to perfect as possible.

Kurt.

Was $999 NOW only $1,699 + Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corv...tegoryZ33686QQihZ004QQitemZ140133766628QQrdZ1

s.gif
Description (revised)
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Corvette ZR-1 - Callaway Windshield.
This is an exact replacement windshield for the ZR-1 & Corvette Callaway (Optional on Callaway cars) With the correct KOOL OFF tint.
I have had these manufactured overseas by one of the worlds best glass manufacturers, the quality is 2nd to none. Each glass is DOT approved for use on both USA & Europe, as well as Canada and far East.
The tint is blue, the radar cutout in this application is 4" - 10", the VIN id section is clear & the band across the top is blue. The glass is MUCH better quality than OEM, you will be thrilled! There are no waves or ripples in the glass, which translates into an excellent view at night when other oncoming cars headlights shine through the glass.
These will not delaminate like the OEM one did, the process application nowadays is far advanced and quality control is superb. No disappointments!
Position: Front
90-92 MY
Please not, items will ship truck Freight & packaged in wooden crate. Delivery will be Late July.
zr1_windshields_005.jpg

zr1_windshields_002.jpg

Folks, If you bought one of these windshields, It is STRONGLY suggesting you consider picking them up in person vs. having them shipped.

There have been more than a few reports of busted glas in boxes showing up and blame being placed on the delivery guys.

Either way, it is a big setback! :bash Contact the seller for details

Pictures I have seen do show a few ways of packaging the glass, not many have been delivered undamaged. :puke

I believe Kurt is shipping them via a freight company now instead of FedEx. I believe so far that has been successful. A shame about the ones that were destroyed, though...

I should be driving up to get mine sometime this coming week.

-Luigi

I should be driving up to get mine sometime this coming week.

-Luigi

Luigi,please post the results on this windshield :cool

Did you pick it up to avoid the headaches some have been reporting on broken glass showing up in their boxes???

Also, any idea on the fit, compared to original glass? For some reason, I am thnking ot many that are buying this glass are actually going to swap it in (just yet). I know you had mentioned, getting a glass shop to remove your windshield and putting this one in - report back when you know, thanks :beer

Since the shop is only 3 hrs drive from me I decided to go pick it up after hearing that some had been dropped in transit.

I saw the bulk crates they came in to the country in. I had to wait for them to crate mine which was still in the larger container.

The windshields are custom crated individually with foam padding by a crating company near Kurt's shop. The only way they could have broken were if they are dropped by the shipper and after dealing with several shippers in the past I would not doubt it.

My windshield is still in its crate sitting in the garage. I opened it up and it was just fine even after a 3 hr drive laying flat instead of being vertical as it should be shipped. I've been swampped at work and travelling so as soon as I get some time it will go in. It looks GREAT and as good as the originals back when new.

Im thinking about using an auto glass specialy company to do the swap since that is what they deal with. I also picked up new seals/weather strip from Kurt to be installed.

Anyone that ever wanted one really missed out if they didn't pick one up.

I should have picked up a 2nd one just as insurance.

-Luigi

Aurora,

These look to me as if they are a bit lighter in color. The original ones that I have seen are quite dark in color, purplish almost (perhaps due to aging and long term exposure to sunlight), while these are almost transparent, much like you might see on an AMG Mercedes window.

I can't wait to get mine on my car. I just haven't been home long enough to get someone out to do it.

-Luigi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom