Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway} ...while pumping gas tonite

*89x2*

After washing the Supernatural tonight, I decided she could use a fill up on gasoline...
Drove down to the local station in a semi - busy shopping center - as soon as I pulled in, a guy hops out of an S class Mercedes and asks what kind of car it is - I reply, "Callaway Corvette" :)
He asks if it is fast - I reply, "yep" ;)
He then adds that he had never seen another and it looks rather quick, faster than a new Corvette he adds??? I reply, "absolutely" :D

Two minutes later, a 20ish year old fella in a newish Mustang GT pulls in - Asks if is a 94 or a 93 Vette - I say, "93"
He says his dad has one, "just like it - but I don't think it has those gills, scoops, and center exhaust... "

About this time, the 'lil blonde pumping gas on another pump calls the guys name, walks over and starts to talk w/ him...

The guy keeps asking me about the car and blew the 'lil blone off - She says to him - call when you know what you want to do ;LOL

So the fella and I discuss what a Callaway Corvette are - which at first he said he had never heard of :confused
I mention the "Sledgehammer" car and how it went 254 mph - He then says he heard of that one :upthumbs

So he asked if it was fast, "like 0-60 in 5 seconds" - I said, a bit quicker ;)

He said his dad would like the car - told him about Corvettes @ Carlisle and went on down the road...

Fun Stuff... I Really need to drive this car more often!!!!!!! :upthumbs

Just wait, the older these cars get, the more attention they're gonna receive.

:m

Awesome story Chris!!. Hopefully, one of these days I'm going to have a Callaway and people will ask me about it when I'm pumpin gas!!

"Well, let's see, I bet that the Callaway goes 0-60 faster than she goes Zero to Slut..." Ooops. Well, maybe she'd want a "real" ride next time! :cu :L

*89x2* said:
Thanks guys - I still cannot believe the guy blew off the blonde to talk shop ;LOL

Reuben - keep the faith :beer

And you call your self a gear head. :shakes head: I have done that more times then I can remember

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom