Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Z06R-GT3 wins back to back 1-2 in Brno!!

Tman08

28oc8.jpg
60nn3.jpg

Amazing stuff this weekend for the Z06R GT3, after both races saw back-to-back 1-2 finishes in Brno. A video review of race 1 can be found Here
59df5.jpg

Important win for Von Gartzen and Pirri
Since Monza, Jürgen von Gartzen and Luca Pirri, in the nr 18 Martini Callaway Racing Corvette Z06R GT3, have been on a good pace. In Brno, they were here to put pressure on the nr 38 Kessel Racing Ferrari 430 of Moser and Vannelet, the Championship leaders, and they did well, even if they took some risks, in particular on the setup: “After the first race we were not really happy about the set up, and we decided to change it for today. We took a risk, but that was a good thing to do as our car was great today” explained Jürgen von Gartzen. The German driver, third on the grid, took the start of this race, and had to wait several laps to raise the rhythm, and went up to second position, behind James Ruffier, in the nr 19 Riverside Corvette Z06R GT3. “When I was behind Ruffier, it was just very hard to follow him” said von Gartzen. “He was really good yesterday and today, so I preferred to let him go, and I knew that Luca Pirri could make the difference”. After the driver change, Luca Pirri managed to take the lead in order to win for the second time this season. With 18 points scored in Brno, Pirri and von Gartzen are only 7 points behind Moser and Vannelet, so, as von Gartzen explained, anything could happen at Dubaï : “I think that Dubai is going to be a good track for the Corvette. We are very optimistic, we are going to keep putting pressure on the Ferraris, and we will see what happen at the end!”

That is a GREAT picture. I'm very excited for the Team!! Let's wish them Good Luck! Tman08, thanks for the link- sweet!!
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom