Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cam,ECM compatable

c4_4me

Corvette
black 1984 4t3 Z-51
While I have my 84 apart for head work I am looking at putting a better cam into the animal. I am "old school" and am still learning about computers. I have built seveal drag race motors in my past but have never messed with computers at all. I also am looking at putting that renegade manifold on also. (thanks buckeneer)!
I have done some research on getting a bigger cam that is ecm friendly.
This is what I have come up with that is suppose to be ecm friendly Does anyone have a word or two of advice for me?

Specs:
Intake duration@ .050 204
Exhaust duration @ .050 214
Advertised intake duration 262
Advertised exhaust duration 272
Valve lift
Intake .420
Exhaust .442
Lobe sepuration 112 degrees

Hydrolic lifts

I have already installed 1.6 roller tip rockers on the car and that adds about .030 extra lift to the valve.

My 84 has the 4+3 manual tranny in it.
I am not looking to make a screamer out of it at all. I am just getting board with it and I promised my wife it would not turn into another drag car!

Thanks all for the help and kind words that I have recieved since I have joined here....:beer

Ron

I don't see a problem with that one.It is duration more than lift that starts to screw the ECM up.
The dur figures on that are not that far from stock cam

I'm not trying to discourage you, but my advice is I don't think the gains (if any, or very small) would be worth all the effort needed to swap cams. If you are going to do all that work to install a new cam put one that canl make some better gains. Don't be afraid to get a tune or have some one do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom