Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Cam Shaft Pulley Sensor

F

forever18

Within the last 2 months I had to change the crankshaft pulley belt due to excess wear from sliding over on my 2004 ZO6. Not a problem...Texas Speed sent the wrong part but convinced me to install their undersized crankshaft pulley and belt. Now I am throwing a code for cam shaft pulley sensor. I have replaced the sensor and that didn't help...still throwing a either 0430 or 4030...can't remember. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you know the fix. Mechanic thinks it might require and undersized alternator pulley but teas speed said they have never encountered the problem. I need a real tech head for help since I'm afraid to drive the car and I'm not technically intelligent when it comes to cars.
Thanks and HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Within the last 2 months I had to change the crankshaft pulley belt due to excess wear from sliding over on my 2004 ZO6. Not a problem...Texas Speed sent the wrong part but convinced me to install their undersized crankshaft pulley and belt. Now I am throwing a code for cam shaft pulley sensor. I have replaced the sensor and that didn't help...still throwing a either 0430 or 4030...can't remember. Has anyone had this problem and if so do you know the fix. Mechanic thinks it might require and undersized alternator pulley but teas speed said they have never encountered the problem. I need a real tech head for help since I'm afraid to drive the car and I'm not technically intelligent when it comes to cars.
Thanks and HELP!!!!!!!!!!

We need better information if we're going to assist you.

Can you explain in more detail why the crank pulley failed due to "sliding over"?

There is no such thing as a "camshaft pulley sensor". There is a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft position sensor.

We need to know what DTC is set.

Lastly, I'll add that for street engines undersized pulleys are a waste of money and sometimes, as might be true in this case, create problems. Send the undersized pulley back to Texas Speed, put the stocker back on then add a good drive belt such as Goodyear Gatorback or OE GM, clear codes and road test.

'Help! Cam Shaft Pulley Sensor'

We need better information if we're going to assist you.

Can you explain in more detail why the crank pulley failed due to "sliding over"?

There is no such thing as a "camshaft pulley sensor". There is a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft position sensor.

We need to know what DTC is set.

Lastly, I'll add that for street engines undersized pulleys are a waste of money and sometimes, as might be true in this case, create problems. Send the undersized pulley back to Texas Speed, put the stocker back on then add a good drive belt such as Goodyear Gatorback or OE GM, clear codes and road test.

Thanks for the quick response.
Crank shaft pulley didn't slide over...the belt did and got chewed up. Replaced the crank shaft pulley with one with a higher lip to help prevent the problem. Texas speed sent wrong one and after a lot of back and forth stuff they convinced me to keep it.
I believe it's the cam shaft position sensor which is located in the back of the engine...mechanic just replaced it and code came back. He feels the undersized pulley might be effecting the alternating pulley by preventing it from producing the correct amount of electricity (if I'm saying it correctly) and that an undersized alternator pulley might be the quickest and easiest fix. Problem...where do we find one and will it solve the problem. Texas Speed has never encountered the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom