Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can 1 of these boys win from the back today?

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
2002861489535451713_rs.jpg

Gordon, Johnson fail Sonoma Inspection

The cars of defending NASCAR Nextel Cup champion Johnson and series points leader Gordon failed inspection and were barred from all activity for the day at Infineon Raceway, including qualifying.

NASCAR said the No. 24 and No. 48 Chevrolets, both owned by Hendrick Motorsports, had modifications to the front fenders that were deemed illegal during morning inspection.

The Hendrick crews were allowed to repair them and they can race in Sunday's Toyota/Save Mart 350, although starting from the rear of the 43-car field. Gordon, the four-time series champion, is the defending race winner.

"The cars have been repaired and I'm under the impression they will not receive an inspection sticker until tomorrow morning, which will allow the cars onto the racetrack," said Chad Knaus, Johnson's crew chief. "The guys on both teams have done a good job getting the cars repaired. They are race-ready now."

Article

They both come from the deepest organization in the garage-area, and have master-strategists sitting atop their pit-boxes:
I doubt either will win from that far-back, but they'll have to be reckoned-with before the day is done.

GO JUNIOR!!!!!

I personally hope that both are the first two cars out of the race finishing
42nd and 43rd.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom