Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can anyone tell me what this car is?

T

tvanlant

My friend just bought this car, but I don't know what it is. The guy who sold it to him said it was a 1969. He said it was a Mako II, but it has incredibly wide rear quarter panels and six tail lights. the car starts to get wide at the door.

Also do you know what engine this is? The ID plate says 360 hp, 380 lbft, 350ci, 11:1 compression
It also has a 4 speed with a hurst shifter, which trans is that?

I can't see the image. Does this not work for anybody else? Could just be me.

Because it's hosted on a MSNUSERS website, it asks for a .Net Passport.. Maybe you can attach the picture here instead?
:w

this picture is only on my hard drive, it isn't on the web. How do I upload a picture from my HD to the forum?

81 Corvette said:
i'd say its one of them ultra rare red X's

very very rare red 'X's
should be worth some big bucks!!!!!:D

what are some of the features of the Red X cars? Can anyone see the picture?

I tried opening the pic from my .Net Passport account but no luck. :(

-Mac

How does everyone else post pictures if they aren't on the web?

When you post, scroll down below where you enter text and look for the 'manage attachments' link. We have limits for size of attachments so if it's too large, you'll have to resize with PhotoChop or similar software.

Oh, by the way, welcome aboard the CAC!! Don't forget to introduce yourself on the "Introductions" area and if you have any more questions, let us know!!

-Mac

MSN doesn't allow sharing photos like that either, same as Yahoo. :(

Yup, welcome to CAC looks like a Datona wide body kit any pictures of the back end

Maybe this is where it came from.

No pics of the rear, but it has 6 small tail lights that bulge out kind of like 50s and early 60s tail lights.

Sorry I can't help with what it is. It looks like with a little "TLC" it would be a real eye catcher. Hey, come on its a Corvette and its black, What more can you ask! In the late 60's I put an after market Hurst shifter on a muncie gear box in a '63 Impala. so who knows what the transmission / shifter combination means.
WELCOME to CAC

Yup, it looks like a custom, based on a Greenwood kit (as per bossvette's post & link) but hard to say with only a couple pictures.

Greenwood built full customs but they also sold body panels and suspension parts so anyone could build their own custom. Quite a number of fiberglass manufacturers produced similar body panels, cashing in on the success of Greenwood's designs.

Have your buddy search the car for a Greenwood VIN plate (most but not all Greenwoods had serial plates) because an original Greenwood would be worth restoring as original. Here's a look at a Greenwood plate...

plaqueGT12.jpg

Regardless, it's a nice looking custom. If you post up the block ID numbers, we should be able to identify if it's original equipment and, if so, what specifications.

-Mac

Do you have any idea what year this car might be?

i would sure love to get my hands on that car. or at least the fenders.

Robin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom