Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cancelation of Corvette

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Well Ive been reading all the posts. Looks like everyone is in incredible anticipation and arguments both ways are starting to boil over a little....Kinda entertaining mind you at the end of the day were all buddys LOL

Anyways...

I have heard from a source out of GM that the short run of the C6 is due to a test flight of the new look. (GM's is freaked out about the new iron available this year)

GM aparently doesn't feel the new Corvette will have the success it had with the introduction of the C5 and is starting a new car that will not fill the spot but go after "todays Retro market".

If the Corvette continues to do well it will keep the run going if not.....

Adio's Corvette.

This is what I heard so don't throw Tomatos and lettuce ar me LOL.

Just to set you straight we ARE NOT all buddies here :bash <<.........(fill in the blank) :D

The retro car you talk about is the Camaro/Firebird replacements as is the new Mustang following the retro theme.

Corvette is going? You are 100% correct! Its GOING to make GM Big Money it GOING to make a big splash when it comes out and its GOING to be hard to get and its GOING to be GOING over sticker a year from now! See Your Right! :puke <<< Tomatoes and Lettuce (pre chewed). :D If/When Corvette stops selling GM will kill it thats for sure, but it wont be without a fight or over a styling issue or anytime soon.

Oh now this oughta be a good thread.

Think I'll grab a beer, sit back and watch.

:bar

Corvette is going? You are 100% correct! Its GOING to make GM Big Money it GOING to make a big splash when it comes out and its GOING to be hard to get and its GOING to be GOING over sticker a year from now!

Exactly!

This is just what I heard from a GM guy, but GM is betting that the Corvette won't do as well as C5 did.

Lets face it the C5 introduction will be hard to top!

If the sales aren't there, theres speculation that the Vette will be canceled!

Perhaps for a complete REDO like the T-Bird for example who knows!

Of course I don't want to see this happen!

It wont do as well thats for sure. The C5 came out when everyone was making a killing in the markets and were living off the fat of the land. Now everything is in the toilet Air lines are going belly up left and right and the C6 will cost some 10-12 grand more then C5 did in 97. The C6 will sell but not with the numbers of C5 simply because the loose change today is going for food not cars, not because it will be disliked. If the economy gets better so will C6 sales and sales of toilet seats for that matter. Ford motor Co has already Killed the retro T-Bird because of its retro styling and its greedy dealers. Ok now I need to take a Diovan I can feel my blood pressure rising and he had to post this just after I read that "apology" and closure of the most popular thread on this site. :( :( :( :(

Black Ice said:
Just to set you straight we ARE NOT all buddies here :bash <<.........(fill in the blank)

Then what is the point of participating here? :confused

_ken :w

Can't we all get along...Did you guys see the new Spy Pics taken somewhere in the arctic? If I can get the link I will send them to you, but they are on CF, no offense Rob. Great Site and Great Job.:)

Some things you just need to overlook! Truth of the matter is we are not all buddies we just have a common thread that ties us all togther and that's the love of Corvettes and for that reason we should have a courtesy towards one another and be respectful. Maybe through this love and communications through this fourm some of us will grow to become buddies and others won't but that's just the way life is.;)

Sibexpress said:
Oh now this oughta be a good thread.

Think I'll grab a beer, sit back and watch.

:bar
;stupid

Can't help but wonder how long before it digresses to this
threadclosed.gif

Y'all please leave the "Hitler" diatribe at home.

Ken said:
Then what is the point of participating here? :confused

_ken :w

Not really much point at all the way I see it. At least not with THAT attitude and "gun to the head" instead of from the heart apology!

Black Ice said:
Not really much point at all the way I see it. At least not with THAT attitude and "gun to the head" instead of from the heart apology!

Ross,

You got your ass banned at CF and you got it banned at the XLR Forums, and this site is about to become a third.

You stated in a previous thread that I was on your ****-list. Well, guess what BABE....you are now on mine.

Take the apology for what it's worth. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. I'm tired of your bull****. You threatened to leave once already and you're still hanging around here shooting off your mouth with your little jabs.

You have a choice: play nice with the others, or keep your damn mouth shut and take a hike. I am no longer playing games. If you think I'm kidding, just try me.

I figured you were not Sincere. I think you proved my point.

Black Ice....

I lack a lot of tact and never understood diplomacy...and don't beat around the bush but like to get to the point.

You have been warned several times about your attitude and your mouth. Many of us here are tired of your verbal diarrhea.

Many were happy to hear you spurt even more and say this was your "last" post which appears to be a mistruth among other things.
But what really sets me off is to hear the insuations about the MAN that built this place.
Look here BUD....if you have nothing nice to say then kindly keep quiet. I would suggest you leave certain folks alone before you find the door closed to you like several other web sites have already done. Various folks here have bent over backwards to be nice to you only to have you sling more crap back at them.
Either learn how to play with the other folks in the sandbox or you are going to have to leave.

Consider this yet another warning that the management of this site is getting pretty tired of your antics. Back off settle down and enjoy the surroundings.

Black Ice said:
I was kindly asked by someone to apologize and that's what I did. If you want to assume I wasn't sincere, that's your problem, not mine.

And you have done a great job at proving my point here. Let me shed some light on how I see this whole situation with you and your mouth and then I'm done with it, and you:

You've been a member here since July of 2001, and yet, you rarely ever spent much time here until recently. Why? Because Troy kicked your ass to the curb - most likely for shooting your mouth off there as well.

Your career, gives you access to seeing future models of Corvette and you use it to dangle bait in front of everyone's noses so that you can bask in the spotlight and have your minute of fame.

You love to stand up on the pulpit and be the center of attention and when the giant hook came out from behind the curtain and removed you from the enormous audience at the CF you went seeking another audience.

If you don't like how Troy, or I, or any other forum owner runs their own forums, then break open your piggy bank and go start your own.

Your moment in the spotlight is finished here as well. You want to participate here, you participate here according to the guidelines set forth. If you cannot follow them, you will not participate here. Case closed.

Black Ice said:

Tick, tick, tick ...:blow

I think eagle has a point. Rob's site. You no likie you take hikie.

I see that our newest member has signed in as Tru_Ice.

Insurance?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom