Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car show question...

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
Our club has an annual charity corvette car show and I was selected to coordinate the judging. The judging will be based of class of car, C1 – C6 stock of modified.
Does anyone have a judging form that they would share with me?
Gary

I'll get one to you soon.

Elaine

I hope I don't start anything here but.................

One of my pet peeves is when "trailered in" vettes are judged in the same category as "drivers". That drives me crazy. On many occasions I have lost to "trailered" and "untitled" C4's after my little gal just spent 8 hrs. on the road getting to the show; not to mention the 5 hrs. I spent detailing her before the judging. I realize this is a "personal problem" with me but I just had to get that out in case it might help others putting together a judging event to solve this problem.

I hope I don't start anything here but.................

One of my pet peeves is when "trailered in" vettes are judged in the same category as "drivers". That drives me crazy. On many occasions I have lost to "trailered" and "untitled" C4's after my little gal just spent 8 hrs. on the road getting to the show; not to mention the 5 hrs. I spent detailing her before the judging. I realize this is a "personal problem" with me but I just had to get that out in case it might help others putting together a judging event to solve this problem.

I have to agree. I think trailer queens and road warriors should be in different classes at a show. :beer

Jason

I have to agree. I think trailer queens and road warriors should be in different classes at a show. :beer

Jason

In New England, they are in separate classes...and more and more shows don't even offer trailered classes.

Elaine

To my knowledge our club does not have regulations about trailer queens, i will check into this.

My pet peeve is, all proceeds go to a charity and some cars don't register, skipping the $15, but yet parking their cars in the show anyway :mad

BTW this year the charity is ALS foundation.

To my knowledge our club does not have regulations about trailer queens, i will check into this.

My pet peeve is, all proceeds go to a charity and some cars don't register, skipping the $15, but yet parking their cars in the show anyway :mad

BTW this year the charity is ALS foundation.

I would make sure that there is one specific location for each car to go through to enter the show, if that's possible. That way, everyone would have to be classified, pay the registration fee, and be directed to the proper parking area. That would eliminate those who want to skip the registration fee.

Elaine

I would make sure that there is one specific location for each car to go through to enter the show, if that's possible. That way, everyone would have to be classified, pay the registration fee, and be directed to the proper parking area. That would eliminate those who want to skip the registration fee.

Elaine
We just had our annual show last weekend. We enclose the show area so there is only one way in or out. Nobody can get in without paying. We provide ballots to the show participants and they vote on their favorite car in each class. On Sunday we had Concours judging for those who wanted to participate in that. We have trained judges for that portion.

Although I do not enter shows thinking I am going to win, usually I enter because it is the charity that is benefiting from the show, I have thought of this same thing. For my car which has 118K on the clock to be compared with one that is rarely driven (if at all), isn't really a fair comparison. But as I stated in the first sentence, it really doesn't matter to me because that's not the reason I go to shows anyway.

I've got to agree with Tom94. I've got a 94 DAILY driver with 103,000 on the clock and it should be judged against its peers, a 100K+ class.

I only put mine in one show a year. It's a show sponsored by our club and my wife and I work the show (Registration, parking, etc.). I just wash it and park it and then enjoy the show. I think it's pretty funny that the last two years I have gotten an award over some of the people who spend hours detailing their cars. I think there may be a couple reasons for that.

1. My car is unique. It's normally the only 35th Anniversary car wherever I go.
2. I don't display previous awards and stuff like that at the show. I display where the car has been, (All of Route 66, Tail of the Dragon, Top of Mount Evans, etc.) to emphasize that it's a driver.

These are things make it stand out from the crowd even though it's not thoroughly detailed and has some road rash.

I only put mine in one show a year. It's a show sponsored by our club and my wife and I work the show (Registration, parking, etc.). I just wash it and park it and then enjoy the show. I think it's pretty funny that the last two years I have gotten an award over some of the people who spend hours detailing their cars. I think there may be a couple reasons for that.

1. My car is unique. It's normally the only 35th Anniversary car wherever I go.
2. I don't display previous awards and stuff like that at the show. I display where the car has been, (All of Route 66, Tail of the Dragon, Top of Mount Evans, etc.) to emphasize that it's a driver.

These are things make it stand out from the crowd even though it's not thoroughly detailed and has some road rash.

In New England, none of the clubs who sponsor Corvettes-only shows allow their own members to enter the show. Rather, they may have a "Members Cars" section, but these cars are not part of the competition. There were way too many complaints from those who entered about the club cars being part of the competition.

Elaine

For my car which has 118K on the clock to be compared with one that is rarely driven (if at all), isn't really a fair comparison.
I've got to agree with Tom94. I've got a 94 DAILY driver with 103,000 on the clock and it should be judged against its peers, a 100K+ class.
Agree 110%

Judges should be a bit more lenient on a car that has double the miles of its competition. The past two shows I've gone to, the same guy has won my class and he had hardly any miles, I've got 86k.

In New England, none of the clubs who sponsor Corvettes-only shows allow their own members to enter the show. Rather, they may have a "Members Cars" section, but these cars are not part of the competition. There were way too many complaints from those who entered about the club cars being part of the competition.

Elaine
I can see where that could be a problem. So far, we haven't had that complaint. Apparently enough of our awards go to cars from Iowa and other local clubs that there hasn't been cause for complaint.

GS Diva - could you send me the judging form(s)
thanks, Gary

I spoke to a nice guy who owned an early 60's vette and he told me that at a prior show he had gone to he was deducted points for residue inside the tail pipe. He drove the car there! That is just crazy. I believe he was going for NRCS and I know that is stricter but if you drive the car shouldn't there be some allowances made?

GS Diva - could you send me the judging form(s)
thanks, Gary

Gary,

I do apologize for the long delay in getting them to you. We had a fire in our house, and that info was on my desktop which was destroyed. I've asked a fellow New England Corvette Judging Council to send me them several times...just sent him another email.

Will get them to you ASAP.

Elaine

Gary,

I do apologize for the long delay in getting them to you. We had a fire in our house, and that info was on my desktop which was destroyed. I've asked a fellow New England Corvette Judging Council to send me them several times...just sent him another email.

Will get them to you ASAP.

Elaine

Holy Crap! I hope everyone is ok......and your insurance was paid up. :beer

shows

Iwas in a show last weekend where 84-2008 was in one class, hardly seems fair, my 13 year old beauty against almost new late models.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom