Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cargo

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
I found the cargo volume in the the TechCenter:

Coupe: 24.8
Convertible: 13.9
Z06: 13.3

Does anyone know what the cargo volume is for the convertible with the top down or for the coupe with the top panel stored in the back? In other words, what is the cargo volume when you are enjoying open air driving. :)

tom...

I know a whole butchered hog fits in the back of my Coupe ;LOL
DSC02205.JPG

Holy Cr@p BossV! Did you ever consider the effect on the locals if you'd had a big ol' wreck on the way home!!! :-}}}

Why if we could get 67HEAVEN to do this, it would give real meaning to "Hog-Heaven." ;) :L

Forget the volume!!!!!!!!

When l went from a 96 C4 to a C5 l thought that l was going to give my golden retriever more room WRONG!!!!!!!!!

It might be wider but it is definitely lower so my poor golden has to learn to keep her head down further then before.

Alan

bossvette said:
I know a whole butchered hog fits in the back of my Coupe ;LOL
But will it fit with the top stowed?

Just trying to find the storage space that you have when you are open air motoring.

Tom73 said:
But will it fit with the top stowed?

Just trying to find the storage space that you have when you are open air motoring.

Many times when I take the roof off I leave it home the one time we did travel with the top down it took a little creative packing. But I should tell you that I do not use the GM way of storing my top since the latches were missing when I bought the car; but turn the top around and fit it between the wheel tubs and the rear.

Tom73 said:

Tom,
The short answer to your question is- I don't know. To be honest, I haven't heard any measurements of what the cargo volume is when you have the top down on a 'vert, or the roof panel out on a coupe.

Convertibles have the advantage of not taking up a whole lot of room when the top is down. In fact, if you fill the cargo space before you take the top down, you're unlikely to experience much loss in cargo space at all.

Coupes are another matter. In my old '91 Coupe, when I had the top out, the cargo space was virtually useless. I don't know if that's the case in C5's however.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom