Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle attendees – CAC member could use your help

DZVette

Corvette
1965 Coupe, 1960 Vert
Greetings fellow CAC Folks. I have recently developed a want/need for a differential housing (or complete rear) for my 65 coupe (build date August 27, 1964). It currently has a 3.70 posi. I thought that rather than rebuild the 69 rear in it now I might chase a correct dated housing at least (preferably a complete unit, 3.70, 3.55, 3.36). I thought I’d beg your indulgence to perhaps keep an eye out for a July or early August 1964 rear. I’d be delighted to receive any leads emanating from that great Corvette Mecca in eastern PA (cell – 979-220-1704, home – 979-693-6181). Please give those Carlisle vendors with diffs and diff housings my phone numbers if you are short on minutes

THANKS
Dave Zuberer
(DZVette)

Dave,

I noticed literally hundreds of diffs there, Lonestar even had empty housing availible, but I believe most had left for the show like me before you ever posted.

I would try and contact Lonestar, Bairs, etc and see what they have for sale, or wait untill next year and fly/drive up.

Tom M

Thanks Tom! I think you are right that lots of folks had already headed out to Carlisle or were busy getting ready to. I have been in contact with Bairs but I haven't called Lonestar yet. Got a few other calls to make also.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Z

Sorry, Dave. I was half way to Carlisle before you posted.

:w

Dave how did you make out? I saw a LOT of junk differentials with high prices on them but didn't know to look for a 65. I know several guys asked for a 65 at my booth but I only have a 69,75, and did get in another one but it is a c3 diff. If you find one build it with the better internals and you'll have a geat unit that will last.
Good luck,
Gary

Bob and Gary

Thanks for your replies! I think I have a lead on a 3.36 rear that is near the build date for my car.

Appreciate you guys looking out for me!

Dave Z

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom