Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cat converter air tube

mlm0

Corvette
I am replacing my entire exhaust and have the following question about my 1989 coupe I am planning not to put back on the main cat. and am confused about what to do with the air tube fitting that connects to the cat. Can I just cap the end some how. I don't want to do anything permanent incase I ever need to put back on the cat.

thanks in advance

Mike

On my '89 auto coupe, I removed the metal air tube completely (it's hung off the passenger side exhaust manifold) when I switched to headers w/o AIR fittings. If you're retaining the stock AIR pump, I would remove the tube and block off the hose end coming from the pump that attaches to the metal line (or change from a tee fitting to a straight connector fitting).

Hope this helps! :w

Just out of curiosity, does Texas have a state vehicle inspection or emission requirements? What can and can't you remove in Texas?

federal law is the same everywhere, but after 25 years car only needs safety inspection no emission testing in texas, I might just take out two pre cats altogether, and replace main cat with better then original one, as well as mufflers

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom