Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cdm vs etr unity

trjones

Corvette
1990 red 2d hatchback
I have a 90 6 speed with a bose cassett cd unit I believe the cdm unit is bad and took it out to find a etr unit in it's place. Are they interchangeable. I had only the back right side playing.

I'm sure that Bose/Corvette units can be traded around but the wire harness would have to be adpated. You have to work within the Bose/Vette line because of the speaker amps and the need to mate the tuner/cd to the speaker/amp system. Otherwise, the entire system has to be replaced.

If you were to find a different yr or style Bose to fit the hole, there are plenty of trim kits available to make it look decent if its not the exact fit of your current type unit.

You might contact Doctor Dons Corvette Radio I sent my Radio to them because the cd was not working and they completely rebuilt it and sent it back in less than a week. Back in 05 it was less than 150.00 and it still is working great today. If you start to go to an after market unit as Boom said there will be issues with the wiring and speakers etc. Getting what you have fixed is going to be cheaper in the long run and it will look right. As I remember it my cost was to just recondition what I had back to original. I believe for an additional fee they will also upgrade the radio to be the same as todays after market units.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom