Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CF 2011 Hotel Dates

Red Vette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
Questions for Bud (aka Yoda) about the dates for CF in Effingham. I made my reservations today at the Fairfield Inn, checking in on June 8 and leaving June 12 since CF was announced as June 9 to 11. The hotel people said I was the only one requesting the June 8 date. Bud, does the CF officially start on the 9th or is the 9th the arrival date and the actual activities/events taking place on June 10 and 11? If the arrival date is the 9th, the hotel people said I could change my reservation. (BTW, the Fairfield is part of the Marriott chaine, so one can obtain points for staying there). I assume that we will depart on the 12th. Last year we had some seminars with Paul on Sunday morning and then left around noon.

Secondly, in your post about the hotel, you said that there was a car wash nearby. I take it that the hotel will not be furninshing a car wash station like Days Inn did last year, or the other hotels furninshed for previous CFs.

Finally, my thanks for the CACers who are putting this together and getting the info out to us. I hope more than 25 corvettes show up. I also agree with you about a registration fee. I think it is appropriate; what would be great is another lunch with Mike at his house - all I can say is WOW for last year's lunch. I would be happy to pay more to defray his costs. The lunch was the highlight of the trip, even tho LT4Man had his troubles with parking. Also, can we expect Paul to return for more seminars? I know CAC paid for last year, maybe we could this year also.

Awaiting your response.
Barrett

Questions for Bud (aka Yoda) about the dates for CF in Effingham. .. Bud, does the CF officially start on the 9th or is the 9th the arrival date and the actual activities/events taking place on June 10 and 11?
:w Barrett,
We are planning the events for Friday & Saturday.. Thursday June 8th if enough folks are checked in we may see about putting together a BBQ, but NO EVENTS are being planned for Thursday... should we get the events schedule and registration out when planned, and enough folks come in before Noon on Thursday we may have to set up a tour to one of the local Winery's or cruise ;shrug.
I assume that we will depart on the 12th. Last year we had some seminars with Paul on Sunday morning and then left around noon.
There are not plans for a seminar on Sunday.. If anything we would like to set up Sunday Morning for a group Photo in front of the Old Gas Station or around the MAM Finish Line.

Secondly, in your post about the hotel, you said that there was a car wash nearby. I take it that the hotel will not be furninshing a car wash station like Days Inn did last year, or the other hotels furninshed for previous CFs.
When asked the hotel did not say NO, they said there was a car wash just at entrance on the road to the Motel, just a block or so away. I left it at that, but I can add this to my list to check on ;)

Finally, my thanks for the CACers who are putting this together and getting the info out to us. I hope more than 25 corvettes show up. I also agree with you about a registration fee. I think it is appropriate; what would be great is another lunch with Mike at his house - all I can say is WOW for last year's lunch. I would be happy to pay more to defray his costs. The lunch was the highlight of the trip, even tho LT4Man had his troubles with parking. Also, can we expect Paul to return for more seminars? I know CAC paid for last year, maybe we could this year also.

Awaiting your response.
Barrett

We will see what events we will sanction and be provided once we have a chance to have more in-dept discussions with Mid America.. all your suggestions are on the table, but I can not address any of them until we get further along in our planning.

The fee we will be charging probably will not offset the entire price to put this together, but we hope to not be a burden on MidAmerica either, it is my personal feeling we should be willing to pay for our own banquet and help out with mailing/material/shirts and other misc. things that come up during our events. Hopefully we can find enough sponsors to cover awards and trophy's :dance

Thank Barrett for your questions. And THAT's enough of that @#R$@ for now... you hear me ;LOL :rotfl :D :upthumbs ;LOL :thumb

Thanks for real Barrett :thumb

Bud

Thanks Bud for the clarifications. I will keep my reservation for the 8TH and I can change to arrive to the 9TH if necessary. Just don't want to sit around all day on the 8TH, especially if some of us caravan to Effingham, such as Tom, Colorado Geezer, Scotts Redvette, and maybe even Patrick unless he has another valid excuse this year, like a cruise to the moon.
Barrett

:w Barrett,

Not sure if Nanc will make the trip this year for sure. She likes going new places and places with more to do than just sit around a look at Corvettes :eek can you believe that!!

I have reservations for the 9th with check out Sunday.. Last year we stayed Sunday Night and felt like the last of the lone rangers posse :eek .. and we arrived on Wednesday... so this year I really hope we can get everything in 2 days, Friday & Saturday with Thursday ????

Hope we get a good turn out this year, small groups are nice, but we could double last years attendance and still be small enough to get know everyone there :dance

:w :Steer :w

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom