Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Changing seats

Jeb

Corvette
1987 Convertable
Has anyone here ever changed from Sport seats to regular seats in a convert?

If so, what is involved? Will the front/back, up/down, recline functions still work?

I'm finding that getting in and out, at my advanced age, is getting to be more and more difficult and feel the standard seats will be easier and I won't scrape my ass on buttons that don't work anyway. :)

Changed the one in my 90Z out and the standard seat works fine. I just don't like the "sport" seat for long hauls. Sport seat's bottom is to narrow or my bottom is to wide:D

Changed the one in my 90Z out and the standard seat works fine. I just don't like the "sport" seat for long hauls. Sport seat's bottom is to narrow or my bottom is to wide:D

lol....I ressemble that statement..

The seats are sorta modular thats all based on a standard bolt pattern...
The floor bolts are all the same, with the carraige frame either power or manual that attaches to those floor bolts. The seat frame then bolts to the "floor-frame" or "tracks" as they are called and the seat sections snap in place. Mine has a manual passenger seat but the harness is there for a power seat if I wanted to install one. The trans cover where the seat switches has to be changed because they do not have holes for passenger switches if it came from the factory with a manual seat.

I've also learned that I can replace them with seats from any year up to '93, if I want to change the style of the seat to the more modern look. I'm thinking about it. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom