Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check this out!!!

Unusual occurrence. Obvious metal fatigue. Most important thing is to advise the GM Zone office closest to where he lives. GM does not make the wheel. They buy it from some supplier. I m sue a metallurgist will inspect. Word of caution. Try to make sure the custody of the wheel is ALWAYS documented. Take lots of photos close up. Anyone can only speculate as to what happens. That does no good. The metallurgist will inspect and an tell what caused the metal to fracture. Probably a manufacturing defect resulting from a poor cast. I am sure that GM is going to be real interested. No need to take it to a lawyer. Being a lawyer I can assure you that an attorney needs to make a fee. There is no fee to be earned here except at your brother-in-laws expense. It would be different if someone was injured. If there were witnesses, get their names and telephone numbers. Get the tow truck driver.s name too. Get a recorder and interview the tow truck driver and the car wash employee. Just have them described what they saw. Have them describe the remains of the wheel.

Good Luck

I am sorry but a failure like that has to be known.

Somebody doesnt walk up to you with a wheel and you ask where it came from.

I can feel any imperfection in the road with my C5,if he could not feel the wheel tearing his car apart how could he have felt the pot hole or curb or what ever caused that wheel to be destroyed?

I cant figure out what could have destroyed the wheel?

Why does the front have damage?

But its does not sound correct that he did not know it was destroying his car?
I mean come on there had to be some real evel sounds with the car tearing it self appart and scraping on the ground.

Ps I also feel sorry for the owner.I have a thing about cars being redone by body shops.they just never make them the same again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom